GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Sweet!
You'll have to give us a report on the tyres when the temps get above zero and you've had a chance to test them properly.
I've still got a few miles left in the OEMs but they will probably need a change by the end of spring. I've got a set of the M7s on my SP and I think they are great so I'm hoping they will still be good on the GSX:)
I've done a couple of miles because I'm itching to get out there.
First impressions is they are very flickable if you know what I mean. It rides centrally great yet a slight turn and it just wants to go. Not in a scary uncontrolled way it feels eager. And that was in temps of 4c air temp and 2c road temp. Tyres warmed up to 14c and that was just pootling around.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Metztler and Pirelli are the same tyre ,both made at the same factory in Germany ....... just saying..!!......:)
Yep I'm right just Googled it...!!
I thought the blackness of the tyre looked familiar, it's got a very deep waxy black look to it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Love the gold wheels. I think I'll have mine done as well once the time comes for new tires. How much should the powder coating cost if I bring them the bare wheels?

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
@chuck - I wouldn't pay over $50 a wheel. Every place around me charges that if you bring in the wheel without the tire. All of them come with a lifetime warranty too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
@chuck - I wouldn't pay over $50 a wheel. Every place around me charges that if you bring in the wheel without the tire. All of them come with a lifetime warranty too.
Thanks for the info... will update with what the locals end up charging around here.

Will post pics and such of course. Plan to have this done at least in the next few months. It really makes the bike look a lot better.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts