1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I've been on bikes especially Suzuki for
43 years now.
Been considering the GSXS 1000F for a while now.
Just completed a good test run on the Yam MT10. Great power and spec. Can't get passed the terrible front end and so much mismatched Yamaha plastic add ons.
Would just like to know how the GSXS build quality has been holding up and that snatchy throttle?!
Lewis

·
Registered
307 Posts
i got the red and black f and love it, no probs with the build quality as good as my last big kawa 14 zzr much more comfy on long trips and up to 120 just as fast just about, taken the free play out of the throttle and now is much better i can live with a lively throttle no prob, best bike i have ever had out of about 12 lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can't get passed the terrible front end....
I didn't wait to test ride the MT-10, there's no way on this planet I could enjoy owning something that ugly, full stop.

I've only had my GSX-S1000F a few weeks so I'll leave it to others here for a long term report. I'm having a power commander fitted at the first service to see if it fixes the throttle issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great bike ,had mine 3 months now red /black F getting used to throttle have fitted a breakaway throttle lock/cruise control maybe at a later date fit a throttle tamer that a few others have fitted,all day comfort with seriously good performance some do not like the looks of the F but i like it, with the added bonus of wind protection of fairing and screen, yam looks interesting but oh the look of those mismatched plastics!!
The F for me is a keeper, and slowly will make it the perfect allrounder

·
Registered
234 Posts
InI would say after 10 months and 3500 miles this is a VERY good bike but not superb!
I am really enjoying it and still learning how to get the best out of it!
How is the breakaway cruise control working Walono??

·
Registered
15 Posts
breakaway cruise control is really well engineered , with the snatchy throttle i find riding through towns and villages with less than perfect roads it makes it relaxing, as it stiffens the throttle so no stress going over the bumps,also nice feature is apply the front brake and it knocks it off,alternately simply press button and it disengages .

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thanks, just need something so I can take my hand off to get rid of pins n needles due to carpal tunnel problems
Do you have heated grips, I'm just guessing but thought it may help with the pins and needles getting a bit of heat to get the blood flowing,
I had it myself a few years ago for about 12 months and luckily it just went away same as my wife and hopefully your does also.

On to the topic at hand you have a difficult decision to make, if I never had my GSXS I would be undecided myself as I do not even mind the look of the Yammy but i do love my GSXS and the only fault is the snatchy throttle but an easy fix with a throttle tamer, the fueling has some slight issues but nothing that has made the 6000km that I have done very enjoyable

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think it's a great bike. I agree, that MT-10 is beyond fugly. I'll say the throttle is a touch sensitive but it's not bad once you ride it for a bit and get used to it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thanks, just need something so I can take my hand off to get rid of pins n needles due to carpal tunnel problems
Have you tried Grip Puppies.http://www.grip-puppy.co.uk/http://www.grip-puppy.co.uk/
They help with vibration if you can get used to the increased grip diameter.
i have been looking at the same thing only ones that are called ***** grips ,not sure why dogs and cats are related to hand grips , I had these on an old GSX1100 and they were great as I liked the wider grip, I think they would help with the throttle snatch problems also giving more control with more leverage

·
Registered
38 Posts
No more yam for me ..I was a Guinea pig for a fzee9 2014
I love suzukis, they are the best
I know I sound like a fan boy..but I had a lot of bikes and this one is a keeper
Good price for an almost perfect bike ...
Like I said before on the other tread..the only throttle prob I have is to keep it at sane speed
The bike is nimble,light and predictable...trust me
In rain,bad road conditions,it will make you smile..no need for anything else
.....it's a roadster after all
If you want more,you pay more..the yam is not bad looking in black and if you want to carry luggage and have longer rides I would seriously consider the fzee10

·
Registered
71 Posts
Had mine for 6 months- 3500 miles. Great bike, loads of fun, powerful- no problem with the throttle at all-great handling bike ( one of the best no doubt and probably the best for value- cant see any bike that would be in the same ballpark ).

No issues at all with build quality- Ive added some protection, heated grips, better tyres and a Quickshifter. In my opinion its better than the S1000R ( which I have owned ) certainly better handling and much better on track ( more planted ).

The only thing I miss is cruise control ( but I have a GSA for touring )

·
Registered
96 Posts
Excellent bike and nicely built. I have gotten some great comments from other people who has not seen the new 1000F. Rides excellent since i have gotten suspension setup for me. As for the snatchy throttle, I have installed a PCV and it improved fueling a lot its still there u just have to be aware of it but, it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No real throttle problems for me:D
There is a bit of hunting between 2-2.5k rpm but no snatchiness to speak of.
A few suspension tweaks and it makes it a pretty good bike.
There's always room for improvement, a fancey rear shock for instance and I didn't think much of the front brakes but some new pads sorted that.
The rest I've added from standard are just personal preference, heated grips, usb charger, GPS supply and mount, front fender extender, Ventura rack and an optimate charge point. Nearly perfect for me now:D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi everyone.
I've been on bikes especially Suzuki for
43 years now.
Been considering the GSXS 1000F for a while now.
Just completed a good test run on the Yam MT10. Great power and spec. Can't get passed the terrible front end and so much mismatched Yamaha plastic add ons.
Would just like to know how the GSXS build quality has been holding up and that snatchy throttle?!
Lewis

Mt10 sounds great on paper but ugly as **** in real life.

He the gixsus for a few months and have been beating the **** out of it on the street and track. For me I HAD to put a power commander (search for my dynojet conclusions with the video). Had to put grippier tires with a 190/55 profile. But even without those the bike is kick ass and very solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was always a super sport guy. And I knew this bike would t keep up on the track. But it's so cheap and the parts that bother you can easily be upgraded. So you end up with a bike perfectly tailored for you and you have $$ in the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts