GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a set for $30 from one of the billion Chinese vendors that sell them on eBay. Brake lever is fine, clutch lever is a little loose and ill-fitting. I don't like it.

Has anyone got a set that is well-male and well-fitting? Any link would be appreciated. I don't mind paying a little more for quality.

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I went for pazzo levers, also had them on my fireblade, great fit and feel.

Reactions: Detroitdawg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Vtrec levers for me too. Great quality and good price. Ive had Pazzo before and the Vtrec are same quality. Have also had Magura levers on my Hp2 sport.....now they are in a different league.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much guys! I'll be ordering one or the other. I went cheap and got cheap. You'd think I would have learned by now that you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks so much guys! I'll be ordering one or the other. I went cheap and got cheap. You'd think I would have learned by now that you get what you pay for.
Yep...agree with that.
Also the opposite too. A lot of stuff is overpriced too.
Ya gotta do your homework kid. Made tons of mistakes in the past meself.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey..if you can get hold of the Vtrec levers in the U.S. then go for them. You wont be dissapointed.
Nice quality with stainless steel fasteners and nice machining/finish. About half the price of the Pazzos here in UK.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Another vote for the Vtrec got them on my bike and the feel of them over the standard is great

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'll bet if you dig into this, the play and slop is not really the lever. Its the perch.

I have one of those 150.00 dollar (clutch only) Brembo clutch levers. These are handmade, and polished by naked, 18 year old Italian girls.

Its sloppy as can be, but no fault of the lever. Its let down by that 7.99 perch we just cant buy a replacement for.

I pinched the perch closed in a vice and that did help, but its still not much we can help.

I believe a person needs something like this to really fix the issue. I would do it, but you lose your clutch switch.

CRG Sc2 Clutch/Perch Lever (Standard) - SoloMotoParts.com

·
Registered
437 Posts
So I ordered a set for $30 from one of the billion Chinese vendors that sell them on eBay. Brake lever is fine, clutch lever is a little loose and ill-fitting. I don't like it.

Has anyone got a set that is well-male and well-fitting? Any link would be appreciated. I don't mind paying a little more for quality.

Thanks!
Am I right in remembering there is a little collet thing that you take out the oem lever and put it into the replacement?

·
Registered
76 Posts
bought a set of cheap levers from it.ezmoto and had no problems with them, had them on my Fazer, Thundercat, GSR, got them on my STR and now GSX-S all from same seller, sorry don't see the point in wasting so much money on a set of levers.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'll bet if you dig into this, the play and slop is not really the lever. Its the perch.

I have one of those 150.00 dollar (clutch only) Brembo clutch levers. These are handmade, and polished by naked, 18 year old Italian girls.

Its sloppy as can be, but no fault of the lever. Its let down by that 7.99 perch we just cant buy a replacement for.

I pinched the perch closed in a vice and that did help, but its still not much we can help.

I believe a person needs something like this to really fix the issue. I would do it, but you lose your clutch switch.

CRG Sc2 Clutch/Perch Lever (Standard) - SoloMotoParts.com
Spacer bushing / washer?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey..if you can get hold of the Vtrec levers in the U.S. then go for them. You wont be dissapointed.
Nice quality with stainless steel fasteners and nice machining/finish. About half the price of the Pazzos here in UK.
Martin, The Vtrec are my first choice but I can't find them over here at all, Shipping from UK almost doubles the cost. The Pazzos are expensive but very good reviews and I can have them in two days. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Am I right in remembering there is a little collet thing that you take out the oem lever and put it into the replacement?
Oh man... did I miss something that obvious. Let me check...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes... Re-install collet/bushing to new levers.
No sloppiness in the Vtrecs. Not on my bike anyway.
Yup, this is what I missed! The collet in the replacement clutch lever is much wider than the original causing it to be loose. However, on my cheapie lever the collet is not removable. I tried tapping it out to no avail. It is the exact outer diameter of the stock one, but the inner is much wider. So I just threw the stock levers back on until I get a proper set.

Thanks guys.... even though I feel a little stupid ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Martin, The Vtrec are my first choice but I can't find them over here at all, Shipping from UK almost doubles the cost. The Pazzos are expensive but very good reviews and I can have them in two days. Not sure yet.
The Vtrecs are from Germany. Thats where i ordered mine from.
Pazzos are good no doubt. Go for Pazzo if notmuch difference in price.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts