GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just traded my GSXS F for an MT 09. It was an impulse buy so only time will tell if it was the right move!
Anyway I now have the following for sale. I'm unable to supply pictures but my descriptions are honest. I'm open to any sensible offers but prefer to post within the UK.

HM Superlite quickshifter. 1 year old, works perfectly. If the MT didn't have a quickshifter as standard I would be keeping it and putting it on the Yamaha. Includes the unit, all the wiring, 70mm shift rod and left handed grub screw. Very slight signs of use on the unit. Full fitting instructions and details are on the HM website.

Throttle Tamer, as new.

Bagster tank cover. Black. Almost as new, the only sign of use is that the strap that goes around the headstock has some creasing. It has 4 mounting points for a tank bag. I purchased from Motorcycle Heaven.

Powerbronze Airflow double bubble screen. Clear. Very clean, virtually unmarked. I experimented with different spacers and length of screw to get the angle right for me. I'll include these with the screen.

Renntec pillion grab rail. Black. Again almost as new but with a couple of very light scuff marks. All fittings and instructions.

Mirrors. I purchased these from a breaker and they are from a GSR 750. They look exactly like the ones fitted to the unfaired GSXS which I prefer. The glass is perfect but the stems and backs do have scratches and chips. It was never enough to worry me and at a glance they look ok, it's only really on inspection that you can see they are marked.

I also have the two GSXS F specific adaptors for an Abba stand. I'm not including the universal fittings that come with the stand as I still need these.

Please PM me if you are interested.
Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The grab rail has sold so only throttle tamer, tank bag, screen and mirrors available. In case anyone is interested I'm finding the MT 09 a lot of fun, it revs so fast and pops the front up at will in 1st and 2nd. But I do miss the solid feel of the Suzuki and the outright power. I guess the jury is still out!

·
Registered
307 Posts
The grab rail has sold so only throttle tamer, tank bag, screen and mirrors available. In case anyone is interested I'm finding the MT 09 a lot of fun, it revs so fast and pops the front up at will in 1st and 2nd. But I do miss the solid feel of the Suzuki and the outright power. I guess the jury is still out!
you didnt fancy the mt10 then ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you didnt fancy the mt10 then ?
Not sure. If I could afford the SP then yes. I demo'd the standard MT10 but it wasn't quite there for the money I would have lost for trading the Suzuki if that makes sense. The MT09 however punches well above it's weight, especially for the money, but I think at this level they are all good bikes and it just comes down to personal preference. I just like change as well which is an expensive affliction. Luckily I have an understanding wife!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all. Just the screen, throttle tamer and mirrors left. Make me an offer but UK only please.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not sure. If I could afford the SP then yes. I demo'd the standard MT10 but it wasn't quite there for the money I would have lost for trading the Suzuki if that makes sense. The MT09 however punches well above it's weight, especially for the money, but I think at this level they are all good bikes and it just comes down to personal preference. I just like change as well which is an expensive affliction. Luckily I have an understanding wife!
I wish they would bring the SP to the states :( I feel the same way about the regular fz10. That and the beautiful Blue.

Reactions: gripen

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes bgagnon, it sure is fun choosing a bike!

Just the Powerbronze screen left, £25 posted within UK.

Cheers all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts