GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a gopro or garmin virb x camera. Any suggestion on the best type of mount and where ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Got a gopro mount on my father looking through the screen, just have to be careful the speedo isn't in shot ��
Had a cheaper version on the mirror but shook off on the motorway

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Got a gopro mount on my father looking through the screen
:eek:
I hope that's a euphemism. If i was to stick a stand on my old man I'm sure it wouldn't see over the petrol tank in these temperatures let alone through the screen:eek:
:laugh:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get a good mount. I bought a cheapo one...lets call it a NO PRO and it fell off on a ride. It was so crap that I didn't even turn around to go pick it back up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone got any suggestions on decent mounts for gopros? The photo in this post doesn't actually show where the camera is mounted.

I'm either going to mount mine on rear pillion seat with straps, tethered to another part of the bike incase it falls off / breaks, or on the rear forks. I still haven't found any decent options for bikes at reasonable prices.

Now I've got a 3d printer I might design my own and test out some ideas.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a Gopro mount on my helmet, a Ram 1" ball mount with extension arm and Gopro adapter replacing one of the handlebar clamp bolts and a Gopro swivel mount on top of the front brake reservoir

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have tried almost everywhere on the bike rear foot peg(interesting angle view) handlebar , mirror,fairing etc but they all have too much vibration. I did make a perspect disc which I Valero to my tank bag which works well but the best by far is a helmet mount I have some great footage doing the twisties with a group of riders. the only draw back is at high speeds the camera sets of a fair bit of drag

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have tried almost everywhere on the bike rear foot peg(interesting angle view) handlebar , mirror,fairing etc but they all have too much vibration. I did make a perspect disc which I Valero to my tank bag which works well but the best by far is a helmet mount I have some great footage doing the twisties with a group of riders. the only draw back is at high speeds the camera sets of a fair bit of drag

The main reason you were getting such high vibrations is that you don't have anything to dampen the vibrations. I overcame this problem by using the three axis gimbal from my Drone mounted to the side fork.... it uses standard camera mounts to attach. It would've actually been much easier to just hang it from the handlebar but for the project I was doing at the time I needed a down low shot..... you can find some of those three axis gimbal is on eBay. This is basically the consumer version of what Hollywood does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I need to find a mount to where I can see my speedo. I do this on my bikes so when I watch the video later, I can see how much speeds on the straight and speeds that I am carrying into, though, and out of the same corners.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
I need to find a mount to where I can see my speedo. I do this on my bikes so when I watch the video later, I can see how much speeds on the straight and speeds that I am carrying into, though, and out of the same corners.

Newer action cams can have a gps built in. The video software can overlay speed and google supported gps maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll add my vote to the RAM mount. Very versatile, easy to use an strong.
Not a GSX but:
https://youtu.be/JHH44jY8pYk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts