GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

\\
installed my K tech shock , underslung rear brake mount , brembo rear brake. lower handlebars , for a more sportier riding position .frame sliders , and a K tech steering damper . i vinyl wrapped the sides in silver carbon , the tail and seat cowl silver metallic , and a gsxs 1000 belly pan ,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice looking bike you have, are those SC project headers or just the slip on is?
You have done a nice job there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice looking bike you have, are those SC project headers or just the slip on is?
You have done a nice job there.
its the M4 system with a sc project slip on , i had to rig it to a muffler adapter to make it work , i didnt like the look of the M4 muffler .

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
452 Posts
impressive work , love when folk make their machines unique with style.

I like the way you've added the GSX-S belly pan 👌🏾 I've had the Katana Radiator guards on my shortlist for awhile as I don't use the GSXS side Fairings - from your pictures I'm definitely going to pull the trigger , Nice spot for subtle indication too

good work

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I came across this post and had to laugh at the West Coast complaints about the weather. We rarely get over 100 degrees or below 32 degrees (we do get black ice in the shadows in what is called Winter that will get your attention)...I remember sharing Videos riding videos I'd made with forum members in other areas because they COULD NOT get out to ride...PEACE RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do you get the fairings and tank off of this? I'm thinking the EXUP valve connectors are under the tank but I still don't know - trying to look for it to plug in my servo buddy. Did you locate these? Not much info around online for the katana :( installed a full system so trying to remove the stupid FI code lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi KatanaHaver,

I think you have to take the tank off to get at those connectors, I will have a look in the service manual tonight and let you know. If you haven't changed the tank before, its a large long black thing under the nice shiny silver/black false tank cover and that front of the seat... I found I needed help to get my tank off/on when I fitted the Intellishift QS as it is very large shape that is quite heavy.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks David, I couldn’t see anything in the manual which was odd - not even sure how to take the tank off on these either!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks David, I couldn’t see anything in the manual which was odd - not even sure how to take the tank off on these either!
It’s fun, just did it.

Seat off,
Side panels below seat off,
Tank cover bolts off (under front of seat area),
Side panel bolts (ones about mid way along tank lower) off,

Be gentle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s fun, just did it.

Seat off,
Side panels below seat off,
Tank cover bolts off (under front of seat area),
Side panel bolts (ones about mid way along tank lower) off,

Be gentle!!!

argh how long did that take :,(

·
Registered
53 Posts
argh how long did that take :,(
Couple of hours and a mate to lift tank whilst I disconnected everything.

ECU is on top of the tank too, held by a band and needs to be in lipped and moved off to the RHS before the tank is lifted.

I’d suggest getting whatever air filter you want to run and doing it at the same time as you’re already in there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts