GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been very helpful to me and I appreciate all the info. I've lurked for a while but joined because I bought a Blue 1000F. I've had it for 3 weeks and have 1000 miles on it now so it's broken in.
I have my first track day in about a week and I am curious how the bike and I will do in that setting. Hopefully, I'll learn a bit and get a little more used to the bike.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Welcome Tenessee! If you bought new, 1,000 miles in 3 weeks is impressive! You are a lucky man with the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon in your back yard! Have you taken your GSX there yet?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome Tenessee! If you bought new, 1,000 miles in 3 weeks is impressive! You are a lucky man with the Blue Ridge Parkway and Tail of the Dragon in your back yard! Have you taken your GSX there yet?
Yes Welcome Mate,
1600 km in 3 weeks !
Bit slow - I did 5000 KM over 2 weeks on a new bike to run it in. 10 return trips of 500 KM over 10 days, quite a few years back. Couldn't do it now for the life of me, if I tried.
Who will take the coveted Title as Iron Butt Champion here ???

Rob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried the dragon, but I haven't gotten to the parkway yet. As to the miles I have been a bit obsessed so I have ridden every time the weather was reasonably clear. I imagine GSXS rides in Cabo San Lucas must be a blast!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Welcome Mate,
1600 km in 3 weeks !
Bit slow - I did 5000 KM over 2 weeks on a new bike to run it in. 10 return trips of 500 KM over 10 days, quite a few years back. Couldn't do it now for the life of me, if I tried.
Who will take the coveted Title as Iron Butt Champion here ???

Rob.
I couldn't match that! I might have a lot of fun in the attempt.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
This forum has been very helpful to me and I appreciate all the info. I've lurked for a while but joined because I bought a Blue 1000F. I've had it for 3 weeks and have 1000 miles on it now so it's broken in.
I have my first track day in about a week and I am curious how the bike and I will do in that setting. Hopefully, I'll learn a bit and get a little more used to the bike.
Welcome Bob! Brilliant choice of bike, model and color. It's rare that anyone gets all 3 right!
I'd sure love to ride in your area some time. Until then, I'll just have to settle for the stupid old Utah mountains and red rock canyons.

;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Bob! Brilliant choice of bike, model and color. It's rare that anyone gets all 3 right!
I'd sure love to ride in your area some time. Until then, I'll just have to settle for the stupid old Utah mountains and red rock canyons.

;)
The blue ones are faster, aren't they?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome Bob
I've just done a couple of thousand kilometres in Tasmania and the bike was faultless; I think you might make some modifications to your bike, and if you need to, there is a wealth of knowledge on this site. One thing is for sure, the heart of this bike, the de-tuned K5 GSXR engine is an absolute marvel. Enjoy the ride

1 - 13 of 13 Posts