GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the posted dyno curves for the GSX-S 1000 and in everyone there seems to be a flat spot or dip in the curve from 4500 - 7000; that no matter what is done this is still there. Why gives on that, what would make it that way?
GSX-S 1000 dyno curve.jpg

·
Registered
367 Posts
Actually you can.
Exhaust system is major culprit. You need longer secondaries, along other usual mods (Block off Plates, Flash,etc). I have M4 Exhaust.
NOTE - On dyno I had the tech shut it down at 125mph. It was not dyno'd with tach connected; as on the ' f , the ECU is a PITA to get at.
PPelletier-GSX1S.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually you can.
Exhaust system is major culprit. You need longer secondaries, along other usual mods (Block off Plates, Flash,etc). I have M4 Exhaust.
NOTE - On dyno I had the tech shut it down at 125mph. It was not dyno'd with tach connected; as on the ' f , the ECU is a PIITA to get at View attachment 44512 .
What
Actually you can.
NOTE - On dyno I had the tech shut it down at 125mph. It was not dyno'd with tach connected; as on the ' f , the ECU is a PIITA to get at View attachment 44512 .

What header, midpipe, and slipon are you running? What did you do for fuel remapping? Power commander, Dalk Walker, Custom? Did you change anything on the air box or air filter? That really takes that hole out.
Actually you can.

GSX-S_NH:

What header, midpipe, and slipon are you running? What did you do for fuel remapping? Power commander, Dale Walker, Custom? Did you change anything on the air box or air filter? That really takes that hole out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What header, midpipe, and slipon are you running? What did you do for fuel remapping? Power commander, Dale Walker, Custom? Did you change anything on the air box or air filter? That really takes that hole out.
Lot's of mods. M4 Headers, Custom Fabricated Midpipe, Holeshot 10" Comp Core Exhaust Can. Obviously deleted the Cat, Exhaust Valve (removed Servo too) and O2 Sensor.
Intake side: Restrictor plate remvoed from airbox and K&N Filter added. PAIR system removed, Driven Block Off Plates added. Bike also had EVAP system (CA bike) which I removed and blocked off on the Throttle Body.

Shipped my ECU to DANO's in Hemet, CA for a flash. He optimized fuel curve and ignition curves; removed secondary throttle plate restrictions, reset radiator fan from 205 to 195 degrees, removed top speed limiter, disabled PAIR valve, exhaust valve, O2 sensor; EVAP sensor, and the decel fuel cut. That's it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lot's of mods. M4 Headers, Custom Fabricated Midpipe, Holeshot 10" Comp Core Exhaust Can. Obviously deleted the Cat, Exhaust Valve (removed Servo too) and O2 Sensor.
Intake side: Restrictor plate remvoed from airbox and K&N Filter added. PAIR system removed, Driven Block Off Plates added. Bike also had EVAP system (CA bike) which I removed and blocked off on the Throttle Body.

Shipped my ECU to DANO's in Hemet, CA for a flash. He optimized fuel curve and ignition curves; removed secondary throttle plate restrictions, reset radiator fan from 205 to 195 degrees, removed top speed limiter, disabled PAIR valve, exhaust valve, O2 sensor; EVAP sensor, and the decel fuel cut. That's it.

Whoa, that is a lot of mods. How much do you think just the header, midpipe, slipon, CAT/Valve remove, and ECU flash helped to get rid of that mid range hole?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Couple of items were for weight savings (small - I know); couple were irritation issues.
My understanding is that the biggest impact on mid range hole is the length of the secondary pipes on the header; however it all works together. Yoshi & Arrow have much shorter secondaries which add a small amount to top end HP relative to M4; but do not help in the mid range hole.
And from a $$ standpoint, Dano's charges $180.00 for the flash - best $180 I spent. Many others on here have used him; & I believe all like his work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts