GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just insured my new bike which I`m picking up next week, £128 fully comp, well happy with price :) , at the moment I`m running an Aprilia RSV1000R which costs me £ 120 to insure fully comp.The benefits of getting older I guess.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Naked is cheaper :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naked is cheaper :)
could have got it for £108 if I keep it in a garage, but because, I keep it in a brick built building on my property its £128 ,funny thought a garage was a building, did not want to take the chance of this coming back to bite me if anything should ever happen to it. But that`s insurance companies for you always looking for ways to screw more money out of its customers. :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
550 € I paid for my insurance. If I had an accident I was guilty, I have to pay 1200 € to repair my motorcycle
I am 36 years old, driving motorcycle since 2007

Regards

·
Registered
647 Posts
About £150 or thereabouts, I paid in full when I bought the bike and I can't actually remember the exact amount.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My renewal came in from mce at 138. Went to the Scottish bike show and spoke to them there and got it for 100.88p that's fully comp helmet and leathers and breakdown included

·
Registered
102 Posts
I paid about £130, also from MCE. They were miles cheaper than anyone else. I'm thinking of fitting a quickshifter and/or PC 5 and will inform them if I do. No idea if this will increase my premium though

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you don't mind me asking N.W commerades what sort of mileage and excess are you being quoted on and what insurance company and or broker? From Preston

·
Registered
363 Posts
My policy is through Cornmarket Ins Services, arranged by I.A.M. Surety.
Policy - fully comp (SDP & commuting with class 1 business use, breakdown, european cover and any other bike, also pillion cover ) £215.00,
7 yrs protected NCB,
5k miles annually,
Voluntry excess - £0.00,
Compulsory excess - £350,
With mods upto £1K in value
Merseyside post code and garaged.
46yrs

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks lee that is imformative but I am interested in the price that the old timers near me pay as I am an old fart also? Perhaps they are having their afternoon nap?

·
Registered
593 Posts
My policy is through Cornmarket Ins Services, arranged by I.A.M. Surety.
Did exactly the same yesterday! £225 all in for me, didn't take the breakdown cover, but did take the legal and helmet and leathers cover. The base premium was £125 which was half what I was being quoted elsewhere. I asked them about their bike assist but the guy told me it only covers repair at the roadside or transport to nearest garage, not home. I'll look for some breakdown cover that will take me home as that's all I would ever want.... get it home and I'll sort whatever the problem is myself from there!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just went through this ethnic file drill. Was originally quoted $475 per year by my local Allstate office on March 18 (full coverage). Then I bought the bike (f-model) March 21. When I call to report purchase to Allstate, they tell me the bike is $625 and the $475 was an estimate because I didn't have a VIN (vehicle identification number) when I first called. I bitched and got Michelle in management who basically said to suck it up and tuff darts, its $625. Just last Tuesday, I get another bill (for the new billing year of June 1) and the bike is now $845!! WTF? Note I have No claims and a clean (applause please) driving record. Well, yesterday I went to a broker who got me a rate with Progressive of $775 and this is for both my bikes (the Sazook and my his-her bike = Harley Ultra classic).

So dudes it apparently pays to look around because my entire insurance bill (bikes, cars, house, and umbrella), I saved enough to insure the bikes for free compared to what Allstate was charging me. :) :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I pay 620/yr full coverage for my 2008 zx10r. I plan on buying a GSXs1000 as soon as my 10r sells. I called on insurance and with coverage's being the same it was quoted at 660/yr..... I asked for a quote for a 2016 gsxR1000, 576/yr..... This is thru State Farm in Cincinnati, Ohio. Wonder why the premium is more than a supersport???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Walter, I ran into that with a Speed Triple once--gave me same rate as a CB1000RR. I asked them to recheck as the Speed Triple was not a race replica. They gave me a lowered quote when they called back.

I'd suspect the agent/company misquoted the gsx-s1000, because the gixer should be more if based only on the extra plastic. My experience has shown a lot of confusion with this new model...and then the company probably won't honor the mis-quote. Note, Progressive gives an educational discount (ie, collegiate or post-grad degree lowered the premium) if you can take advantage. :).

·
Registered
974 Posts
$290 RACV full comprehensive for the GSXS , today i got a quote for a V-strom 650 2006 model 66hp at a under a quarter of the price of the GSXS with 145hp and the price was $260 to insure it, so i questioned her why there is hardly any difference between the two and she told me we know you will look after the new bike more, guess what, she was right :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
No one ever did reply to my request for the name of the insurance company? If its not MCE then I don't believe your quotes unless they are for piddly little mileage and or have an excess nearly the same value as the bike! I live in northwest and cannot get a quote anywhere nearly as cheap as the ones stated. I have 10plus years no claims and am 60 plus years of age. Please divulge? I would have thought anyone living in Blackpool would be paying double what I have been quoted?

·
Registered
48 Posts
36 yrs old in FL and I'm paying $494/yr. full coverage with 100K/300K limits and uninsured motorist through State Farm. My 2012 Busa is $580/yr. for the same coverage. I figured there'd be a little more difference between the two but I guess not. I'm still happy with those rates.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I pay £101.00 odds 42 years old 5yrs ncd fully comp, breakdown cover, helmet and leathers, £350.00 Comp excess £100.00 vol excess
Mce insurance been with them last two years no issues

1 - 20 of 50 Posts