GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Had a heart attack just now talking to my insurance guy on the S1000.

I'm 53 yo, clean record, no claims, been riding on the street 34 years. I have two Harleys and my car with these guys already. They're independent and so they get quotes from several companies. My bikes are with Progressive and my car with National General.

Last week he quoted me $64/mo for an FZ-10 added to my Harleys. On the GSX the cheapest he could get me was $1800 per year! I was like WTF?!

I'm currently paying around $900 per year on a 2014 Road King and 2013 Sportster 72 for kitchen sink coverage with low deductible.

I dunno if more S1000s are getting stolen or cracked up in NC or what. Eff me!
Phlipper,
Perhaps you said 'S1000' too many times to him and he has quoted you for a BMW S1000?

Rob.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got mine covered by MCE for £118.90 Fully comprehensive and Protected NO claims which was under half what my previous company was looking.
MCE cover is a bit limited in terms of payout amounts but touch wood I've never needed to claim in over 20yrs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a quote from State Farm today and full coverage is only $515 per year. Far better than the $1800 my current guy quoted. So the GXSIS is back in play. Lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
Got a quote from State Farm today and full coverage is only $515 per year. Far better than the $1800 my current guy quoted. So the GXSIS is back in play. Lol
Are you sure it was per year? State Farm usually issues policies for six months at a time. Even if it is, $1030 is way cheaper than $1800.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Less than $800 /yr for R1200GS and GSXS1000F. SAFECO, full coverage, personal, theft, roadside assistance, $3000 farkle covered.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
want to play yo have to pay.....i have more tickets then anyone on this forum lic was almost gone several times...no worrys have ins but keep plate under seat and i dont stop anymore when taking power ride`..1000 year....cheep for the fun...less then 100 a month......

·
Registered
543 Posts
$155 for 6 months, State Farm with liability, unisured motorist and comprehensive for theft. Even with collision added on it wouldn't be but a little over $200. Good driving record, no tickets or accidents and excellent credit rating plus a home owner. Believe me they look at every part of your life when figuring your rate. Every one is not the same when it comes to insurance rates.

·
Registered
144 Posts
$220 per year for me which is what progressive estimates my rate would be +- for most naked bikes.

Regardless of displacement for the same coverage any "faired" supersport bike that have had estimated are at least 1100 per year or more.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts