GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Your favorite color for Suzuki GSX S1000 ?

• Grey

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Black/red

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I haven’t had my bike driver license for long (18th May -15). But I have finally fullfilled a dream. Been riding and training with my Suzuki GSX750 Inzuma, still got it. Very nice bike for newbies.

I love naked bikes and that's what I’m getting but not until next year since ’the winter is coming’ here in Sweden.
Instead I have spend this year to try out different naked bikes.
Honda CB1000R
Suzuki GSR750
Kawasaki Z1000
Ducati 821 Monster
BMW S1000R
Suzuki GSX S-1000

I haven’t been trying Triple R or Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR. One of them use a design I don’t like so much and the other one is too expensive. After these various testdrives I have come to the conclusion that S-1000 and S1000R are my two favorites.

S1000R: Good design, fast but easy to drive and control. Good seat position.
But what I have read, realibility seem to be a problem. Lots of extra options like a quickshifter, cruise control but with all these extra addons the price is climbing. And I want those extra options ;)

GSX S-1000:
Design, Very good seat position, upright angle, smooth gear changes, Exhaust sound, speed, price.
This bike is more back to basic but have traction control, ABS. Which I like to have on my bike.
Torque is good at low rpm but gets even faster at higher rpm. I had a blast with the bike. Driven it two times already. I’ve read about the throttle but nothing I noticed or had a problem with during my testdrives.

So with 95% accuracy this is what I’m getting next year. It's more of color decision I have to make. I’ve only seen it in grey and blue. Black/red is what I want but just wish I could see it in real life first.

What do you guys think about black/red?
Do you guys think there will be any updates, like new colors, more extra options or anything else?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ordered the red & black one 3 weeks ago should have it the 1st week of September, it looks stunning in the flesh, but I suppose what ever floats your boat, I`ve found in the past that black bikes don`t seem to date like other colours. Good luck with what ever you decide to go with. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a blue fan and my two last cars is a blue color. Maybe it's time for a change when it comes to my bike. ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Black and red just looks a bit more timeless and classy in my eyes, and with the HM quickshifter fitted, this bike rocks !!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ha never noticed that on the pic before, the tank is perfect, it must be shadow effect being picked up funny on the camera.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What do you guys think about black/red?
Do you guys think there will be any updates, like new colors, more extra options or anything else?
When I saw for the first time the GSX-S on web I don't liked so much the blue color... In fact I was searching for the red/black... But when I went at the Suzuki Official Dealer.... I've seen the REAL blue color...and I've bought that model ;) The red/black is very nice (I like black motorcycle) but the blue model has something more.... :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was initially chasing Red/ Black because I really didn't like the blue or grey.

I saw a photo of a grey in the sun, and it actually looked really good, heaps better than the promo photos.

I test rode a blue one and was very surprised at how nice the blue looked in person. I still ordered a red and black, because I was told it would be the most available on the next shipment.

After being told that there weren't enough bikes ordered and that I'd missed out, meaning I have to wait another 6 weeks, I changed my order to blue. The photos I've seen of the red and black just don't appeal to me as much as the blue does.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I changed my order to blue. The photos I've seen of the red and black just don't appeal to me as much as the blue does.
I like your choice :)
But honestly in my opinion this bike can give better emotions with some white parts... I'm working at a customization on my PC.... and next with my dear friend that is a great autobody repairman we'll see what to do ;)
However I love this blue so intense

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like your choice :)
But honestly in my opinion this bike can give better emotions with some white parts... I'm working at a customization on my PC.... and next with my dear friend that is a great autobody repairman we'll see what to do ;)
However I love this blue so intense
I'm very interested to see what you and your friend come up with. Keep us posted on that one :)

Reactions: carpmanu

·
Registered
282 Posts
Matt Grey is for real men :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have to say its interesting to see that this topic has 440 views and only 28 people voted. hahahaaha.
i dont think some was biten if he voted or do i missed something looool.
Probably is due at all the people that read the forum but are not registered and so can't vote ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts