GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
221 Posts
A very good friend and mechanic, said to put your funnel in the radiator cap spout and run it till the T-stat opens to make sure no air in system. (Make sure the funnel seals pretty good around the opening, as to not spill over)

I don't do that on my 1990 Kawasaki ZX750RF4 and it started running hot on me. (Never had in 67,000 miles I've own it)
So I did his little trick AND GOT TON OF AIR OUT, stopped running hot afterwards!! I had to put a little pressure on the funnel so coolant wouldn't over flow. The coolant will rise up the funnel but shouldn't overflow. Just be careful and watch the coolant level.

· Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A very good friend and mechanic, said to put your funnel in the radiator cap spout and run it till the T-stat opens to make sure no air in system. (Make sure the funnel seals pretty good around the opening, as to not spill over)

I don't do that on my 1990 Kawasaki ZX750RF4 and it started running hot on me. (Never had in 67,000 miles I've own it)
So I did his little trick AND GOT TON OF AIR OUT, stopped running hot afterwards!! I had to put a little pressure on the funnel so coolant wouldn't over flow. The coolant will rise up the funnel but shouldn't overflow. Just be careful and watch the coolant level.
We ran the bike and went for a ride / checked etc and all good 😊

· Registered
789 Posts
Well done, thank you for posting.

One question. Doesn't the engine need to be run until the thermostat opens, to make sure all the air is let out?

· Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well done, thank you for posting.

One question. Doesn't the engine need to be run until the thermostat opens, to make sure all the air is let out?
I believe so mate!

We did run the engine up to temp and then had a tea break to let it cool down, that was in the video?

6:30

💪

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.