GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Now I bet the title got your attention 馃榾, but yes it's true but you will have to read about your self in a write up in Australian Motorcycle Trader issue 308 May 2016
They have a story about drag racing 3 bikes, a worked 1983 GSX1100, a stock GSX-S1000 and a tweaked up 188.1hp GSX-S, wouldn't that be awesome

Registered
Interesting read. Thanks for the post. A link would be good, but I had to Google "Australian Motorcycle Trader issue 308" where I then went to a site and jumped through hoops to download the issue.

Spending more on the mods than on the bike is kinda outa the question for me. :eek: It does show what can be done with unlimited time and money.

Registered
The GSX-S1000 mods were:
$2000 Big-bore kit
$2600 Stroker crank
$1800 Carrillo conrods
$1800 Cylinder head modifications
$1399 PTR camshafts
$1086 Yoshimura carbon-fibre slip-on muffler
$540 Power Commander
$340 DynoJet quickshifter to suit Power Commander
$2400 Assembly
$13,965 in parts!

Labor had to be at least another $2,000.

So... about $16,000! Ouch!!!!!

The best 1/4 mile run was only a 10.23 @ 227km/h. CrAzY to think they spent more on upgrades then the cost of the bike. They failed to upgrade the entire exhaust to really let the engine breathe. Shame on them.

My stock engine has made 164 HP @ 9,200 RPM with the stock exhaust, but with the muffler removed. I stopped the tuning because the A\F and exhaust temp were going bad due to the stock exhaust. No, I have not raced my bike down a drag strip yet.

I cannot believe they did not upgrade the GSX-S1000 exhaust. The stock exhaust and the secondary throttle do hold back the engine's performance. I think they spent way to much money for the 40ish HP gained.

Reactions: Srad749

Registered
thats quite obsessive for a gsxs... i mean a 188hp gsxs sounds fun ideally... but without the aerodynamics its nutzo... this is my first naked and i understand why they generally are powered down... this much power and you always want to go 100+... without a windshield at 160mph its bonkers!

dont know what the 188hp s1000rr fighter would do!

any other videos of this monster?

Registered
I know what you mean. I've had a street fighter busa. Its all kind of crazy. But, its a different experience. Maybe not practical, but just a **** of fun.
Ghost riders 500hp turbo naked busa seems to work well. :)
thats quite obsessive for a gsxs... i mean a 188hp gsxs sounds fun ideally... but without the aerodynamics its nutzo... this is my first naked and i understand why they generally are powered down... this much power and you always want to go 100+... without a windshield at 160mph its bonkers!

dont know what the 188hp s1000rr fighter would do!

any other videos of this monster?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts