GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it me or are there little to no 3rd party 2021+ slipons?

Quickbackstory...having test rode every possible bike during 2021 I fell in love with this GSX S1000. perfect seaeting position, large fuel tank, insane torque for an inline 4 and massive HP. What's not to like/hate...vs rivals..nothing except maybe that Atari LCD screen....

So I'm getting one 2022. But wtf are the slipons for thisnpdated model? there's like legit 1/2 that's it....can anyone reccomend / list them please?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Do the previous generation slip-ons not fit? I know they moved the SET valve back on the new model, but otherwise it appears pretty much the same.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Oh really? So a decat pipe won’t work the same as prev models? Good to know actually
I would assume it'll still work, but you would have to disable the SET valve motor because the whole valve would be cut off when installing the decat pipe. So unless you design a custom decat pipe, you won't be able to retain the SET valve like you could on the previous model.

·
Registered
107 Posts
thats lame, I kind of like the set valve. helps be quiet around neighborhoods etc. low cruising. never felt it hindered any performance so I typically left it enabled.

what was the cause? did the cat get changed location or something to cause it be pushed further back? just curious what actually changed on why it was relocated

edit.
did they relocate the cat? wonder what the cause of the design change was. (to make it harder to remove them I reckon if so) gov doesnt want polluters I assume

·
Registered
12 Posts
Scorpion do a few, none I liked, akrapovic do one I like, but according to them it’s about a decibel quieter
£700 to look a little better, can’t see me bothering
It’s quite nice having a quiet bike alongside a noisier one

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
Still waiting for Suzuki to publish a parts list for the new model/s then a lot of questions could be answered.

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
In This Visordown walk-around video a triple cat is mentioned in the exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts