GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Akrapovic has just released a new titanium slip-on for the GSX-S1000 and S1000F.

Akra claims that the new slip-on adds 2 hp, with the most noticeable difference coming at the 5,000 RPM mark. Notably, the new slip-on meets EC/ECE approval without the need for noise-reducing baffles.

To go along with its 2 HP increase the slip-on also saves you nearly 2 lbs in weight and ups torque by 1.5 lb-ft. If you want one it will set you back $796.46.

Akrapovic Press Release:

Akrapovič has unveiled a new exhaust that is designed to make a motorcycle born on the racetrack and raised on the street show its full potential.
The latest addition to the ever-growing Akrapovič range is a Slip-On Line (Titanium) exhaust for the Suzuki GSX-S1000F, a bike that draws directly on the world championship–winning GSX-R1000 and carries the spirit of this famous machine in its DNA. From the conical muffler to its sharp racing sound, the Slip-On Line is designed to impress, and this latest product from Akrapovič certainly achieves this.

Manufactured from race-bred materials, the outer sleeve is produced using high-grade titanium, with the front and rear muffler assembly constructed from stainless steel. With a beautifully crafted carbon-fibre heat-shield and finished with a carbon-fiber end-cap, the Slip-on Line perfectly complements the appearance of the GSX-S1000F and adds to the aggressive roadster design of the bike.

The Slip-On Line is not all about looks, though, because it also adds to the performance of the 999 cc inline four-cylinder power plant that is fitted to the GSX-S1000F. Overall power is increased, especially when the engine hits 5,000 rpm, and torque levels are enhanced to ensure a smoother and more enjoyable ride as the performance increases. With a weight saving over the stock exhaust, the new Slip-On Line delivers in an all areas and allows the bike to demonstrate its true sporting potential. With the increase in performance also comes a sharp racing sound that leaves no one in any doubt that this bike has a racing pedigree.

The Akrapovič Slip-On Line for the Suzuki GSX-S1000F has been designed to deliver. The technicians have not overlooked the need for EC/ECE type approval and they have created an exhaust that has been optimized for the best possible performance and sound, without having the need for a noise-reduction insert. With easy-to-follow instructions, and no additional modifications needed to the bike, the Slip-On Line is a simple plug-and-play operation.

The Suzuki GSX-S1000F is a bike designed to turn heads with its aggressive styling, and with the addition of an Akrapovič Slip-On Line exhaust these values are amplified, making this a motorcycle that will be a delight to see, hear, and ride, and creating a bike that could own the street.
MSRP: $796.46
For more information: www.akrapovic.com

·
Registered
515 Posts
ROTFLMAO! $800 for 2 hp, 1.5 lb-ft of torque, and noise that is compliant with Euro standards (no volume increase) is a joke. It would be different if there were a removeable baffle. It's purely an aesthetics or bragging rights thing at this point. I would just go full exhaust or nothing. This is right up there with spending $600-$800 for Suzuki painted calipers. Heck, I like the stock muffler enough that I would put that on an Arrow or Akropovic header before this muffler on a stock header. Although, I will admit that the stock muffler heat shield is easy to dent with ones heel.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like Akrapovič and the fact that its comming from my country its an additional plus but its more then overpriced for a slip on. Other thing that i dont like about is that its attached to the pillion footpeg, that u see the pipe between the can and the carbon cover, and for red/black GSX-S it would be nice if it would be in black and carbon.

If i look at picture1 below it looks great (just not chrom. Black and,or carbon would be perfect)!!! Maybe i dont have a good taste but it looks nicer to me!? And 800 bucks for 2 PS, rear foot pillion,wierd look... is a joke!!!!
Long gone are the times when we were satisfied with this kind of looking exhausts(picture2)

PS: In this case till today remus hypercone for half price and black colour is still a better choice!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
All fair points, a sticker at those prices is taking the proverbial.

There are other lesser known companies producing cans as well.

I quite like this GPR and it connects to the front foot peg for the purists.

At the minute I am liking the Yoshimura Alpha and the Remus.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Get a GPR from Italy. Ebay. Used them a few years on RSV, MV800 Brutale and now the Suzuki. Great quality for the price. Various versions and they don't mount to the rear pegs so you can remove them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ixil have a twin pipe slip on for about $370 aud on ebay. Looks cool, sounds betterfor the clips I've heard and weighs **** all. If need an end can I might get one of those.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Must just add, I test rode a BMW S1000R and KTM Superduke R both fitted with Akrapovic's, in both cases the sound was just intoxicating. Would just rev it up at the traffic lights while waiting for green, and always turned heads. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had a full akra system on my mt09 and it was awesome. Not sure the cost for a slip on is great.
I have a friend who works at bilstein and knows the akra uk sales manager.
May see how much of a discount i can get but even then its probably too expensive

·
Registered
204 Posts
my problem is i like the stock exhaust :) ok it could do with being a little louder and will prob not look great in a few years. However looks wise i really like it. so until i have a reason to spend money on a new exhaust i will stick with stock.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, Akra is expensive, but after trying out many different exhaust on previous bike I must say the quality and craftsmanship on some other brands is waaay below the Akra systems.
So, I have ordered the Akra slipon now. The carbon replacement of the "floppy" OEM cat-shield is worth the upgrade alone. :)
And I think any header for a GSXR K5/K6 would fit if I would try it out (very likely).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts