GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ahhh the path to modification enlightenment is long and torturous one, many hours of toil sweat and frustration, and even then will you be truly satisfied......................>:D>:D>:D ............ now where's she hid that credit card ?????0:)0:)0:)
I need a hug...... lol j/k

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah. I am a bit irked right now. I wanted to take off my exhaust servo and consulted my repair manual to find out that you have to drop the exhaust and shock just to get to it. What a bunch of do do. I am beginning to question if swapping exhausts is worth $1000 and all the work involved. Someone who has done this needs to tell me if it's really worth all the hard parts that need to come off.
I can answer that question for you :)

It is *not* worth it if you think $1000 + work is expensive.
It is *not* worth it if you think you will get a lot more HP (without proper tuning.. and then I do not only mean a remap/"piggyback fueling").

If you (like me) like to dismantle an engine or three, or just like to fiddle with engines, and do not mind buying several exhausts to try out different configurations (and test it), then it is definetly worth it.

BTW.
What have Arrow exhaust/headers to do in a thread about "high class" Akrapovic exhaust? :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can answer that question for you :)

It is *not* worth it if you think $1000 + work is expensive.
It is *not* worth it if you think you will get a lot more HP (without proper tuning.. and then I do not only mean a remap/"piggyback fueling").

If you (like me) like to dismantle an engine or three, or just like to fiddle with engines, and do not mind buying several exhausts to try out different configurations (and test it), then it is definetly worth it.

BTW.
What have Arrow exhaust/headers to do in a thread about "high class" Akrapovic exhaust? :D
Jeez. I feel kinda abused right now. :-/ lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
BTW.
Hijacking is pretty normal around here. At least they are both exhausts.
I open threads here that I have no interest in because there will be a buried nugget that is important to me that has nothing to do with the thread title. :nerd:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Im waiting for Dale Walker to come out with his exhaust system for the GSXS. His Bandit systems are top notch with stepped headers etc.
Totally agree :nerd:
I was very pleased with the headers he made for the GSF1250 I once had for a while.
Top notch welding. And made in one piece and not as a "loose-fittings-and-springs" parts most other manufactures make.
This is acutally important if a wideband sensor is used.
As such "meccano-headers" *will* after some time draw air in thru those loose(r) fittings making fuel adjustments based on sensor very unreliable.:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if this still works, but on my 06 GSXR-750, I simply pulled the fuse for the servo to keep it open and another fuse to kill the FI warning light. If memory serves, I think it may have been fuses 19 and 20...

·
Registered
1 Posts
traction control problems

My bike has a problem with the traction control select button. The button gets stuck in all the time, have to take it back to workshop. I wonder if this is a common problem.

·
Registered
974 Posts
My bike has a problem with the traction control select button. The button gets stuck in all the time, have to take it back to workshop. I wonder if this is a common problem.

It was a common problem early on and a few either took it back for a warranty replacement or pulled it apart and put some lubrication in it, does your bike get wet much just out of curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 50 of 50 Posts