GSXS 1000 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes actually, my rate almost doubled (I have AAA) from $417 to $708. Could be due to higher than expected miles / yr though...
Do you have to show them the miles? Every bike I've ever had, I only claim I ride 1,000 miles a year (pleasure).

You're insurance is cheap...military discount?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you have to show them the miles? Every bike I've ever had, I only claim I ride 1,000 miles a year (pleasure).

You're insurance is cheap...military discount?
Yes, they audit mileage; I think it's once a year.

No military discount, but I do get a discount for being an engineer and my driving record is spotless. For the record I ride about 5000 mi / yr.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, they audit mileage; I think it's once a year.

No military discount, but I do get a discount for being an engineer and my driving record is spotless. For the record I ride about 5000 mi / yr.
That's cool. I ride about the same. But I didn't get a **** discount for a Geology degree...even if all I do is work with Inguhneers! LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
insurance dropped this year, wife called me excited as all get out about it a few weeks back now im down to 750

·
Registered
3 Posts
some rates for australian members

gsx-s1000f / NSW / comprehensive / $12000 value / 0 points / age 24+ / 5yrs+ experience / garage
rates AUD / year

aami $1300
youi $1200
shannon $1100
suncorp $1100
nrma $700
swann $670
insuremyride - not availible as they are closing

670 aud = 530 usd

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thought i'd add to this thread as i've literally just got new insurance for my gsx s1000f using RACV (rates are for Melbourne, Australia)
When I first bought it I got it insured with Swann.
Agreed value of $15000 for my 2016 model had me paying $96 per month.
this included $1000 worth of gear.

I've switched to RACV this morning.
Agreed value of $15200 for my 2016 model, I'm paying $52 per month, or $610 per year.

Bike parked in garage, in Southbank.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
For Queenslanders, (unless it has changed recently) the RACQ (RACV equivalent) won't insure the GSXS1000 as it is in the banned list with GSXR's regardless of your age, riding record or insurance with them with other bikes.
The GSXS1000 with QBE was twice the price (around $800+) for me a 65 yo with a clean slate and a history with them. The VFR1200F more HP and torque was half the price, (ditto for my new V Strom 1000) because it was a 'sport tourer' and a proven to them as a low claims bike.
The GSXR's have a high claim rate, so the GSXS1000 may not escape 'guilt by association' if they don't split the stat's apart from the GSXR's cousin's.
The teenage learner who wants to buy or buy's the new GSXS150 may be in for a rude shock and well end up on another brand Mr Suzuki San.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have mine through RACV for about $350 per year from memory
I tried to insure my new DRZ400 this week and rang RACV and they told me I couldn't insure it as they classed it as a dirt bike so I went into the RACV store to complain and he said no problems at all and insured it their and then, it's amazing the different answers from different people

Reactions: Slower and Slower

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have mine through RACV for about $350 per year from memory
I tried to insure my new DRZ400 this week and rang RACV and they told me I couldn't insure it as they classed it as a dirt bike so I went into the RACV store to complain and he said no problems at all and insured it their and then, it's amazing the different answers from different people
350 per year? is that comprehensive or 3rd party fire/theft?

·
Registered
974 Posts
350 per year? is that comprehensive or 3rd party fire/theft?

Sorry mate I just checked as I paid it last week, $260 per year full comprehensive , country Victoria

·
Registered
144 Posts
$220 USD for the year. just renewed- last year was $320, then to renew this year was $270 but they had a renew now for -$50 dollars yesterday so i did it. progress1ve

this is what is listed for my coverage-

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY$40.00 BI $10,000 EACH PERSON - $20,000 EACH ACCIDENT PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $10,000 EACH ACCIDENT$23.00 COMPREHENSIVE $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE$220.00 ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000INCL UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST - REJECTED

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had mine at £475 with MCE, BeMoto wouldn't insure me and I have my 600 Bandit with Bennetts and they wanted an extra £725 on top of my existing Bandit insurance which would have taken it to £900, they then tried to sort it on a new policy and they wouldn't insure me as a new policy either. I've been told £475 isn't that bad as I've only had my license since May.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sounds pretty good as you only got your licence this year. Do a search next year and it should be a little better

£169??
Are you sure you shouldn’t be called “VeryOldbastardsquad”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sounds pretty good as you only got your licence this year. Do a search next year and it should be a little better

£169??
Are you sure you shouldn’t be called “VeryOldbastardsquad”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not quite in the very old range yet me babber ;)

81 - 100 of 135 Posts