GSXS 1000 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
£225 from Bennets for me, but it covers everything inc helmet/leathers/breakdown etc etc. Im nearly 61 and an Advanced rider and IAM Masters (distinction) holder so was a bit dissapointed with the price TBH. Could have gone with MCE for £162 but the cover was absolutely rubbish, as it usually is with them, in my experience anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Progressive, in Upstate New York, With collision of 500 deductible and ACH for replacement ran $512 for the year. This is with not having an active policy in the last three years due to my hiatus. the remaining insurance was the same as Unload's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Briefly considered the Ninja 1000, $45 a month. GSXS is $5 more with my other bike. Stupid Kawasaki naming their bike Ninja

·
Registered
379 Posts
Briefly considered the Ninja 1000, $45 a month. GSXS is $5 more with my other bike. Stupid Kawasaki naming their bike Ninja
When I was shopping for a new bike I couldn't bring myself to even consider a Ninja, solely because of the name. I work with a bunch of engineering professionals (a number of whom ride Harleys) and just wasn't able to reduce myself to showing up at work riding a "Ninja" (granted, they don't understand the "GSX" thing either but at least they don't point and laugh at it).

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I was shopping for a new bike I couldn't bring myself to even consider a Ninja, solely because of the name. I work with a bunch of engineering professionals (a number of whom ride Harleys) and just wasn't able to reduce myself to showing up at work riding a "Ninja" (granted, they don't understand the "GSX" thing either but at least they don't point and laugh at it).
Even worse, if a cop sees "Ninja" on the side of your bike after pulling you over it's just one more reason to get a ticket. Again, Kawasaki is retarded for labeling their bike this way. It's marketed as a ST bike anyway,

·
Registered
29 Posts
During the ridding season, my GSXS will be around $35 a month for full coverage w/$500 deductable. During the off season, I reduce it to comprehensive. It's only $4.00 a month.

I was also going to purchase a Ninja 1000 until I saw the insurance rates. It was roughly 10x more than the GSXS.

·
Registered
379 Posts
During the ridding season, my GSXS will be around $35 a month for full coverage w/$500 deductable. During the off season, I reduce it to comprehensive. It's only $4.00 a month.

I was also going to purchase a Ninja 1000 until I saw the insurance rates. It was roughly 10x more than the GSXS.
What insurance company did you go with?

·
Registered
8 Posts
In Canada the rates for a GSX-S 1000 are pretty high compared to every other country, but the rates for EVERY motorcycle are high in Canada, especially Ontario. We don't get multi-motorcycle discounts even though you can only ride one at a time. I have heard that Ontario Canada has the highest motorcycle insurance rates in the world. We are told it is because of the medical costs. If that were true all 10 provinces would be similar in their rates but they are not.

It is very expensive to operate a motorcycle in Canada - we are forced to purchase 12 month policies even though you can only ride 6 or 7 months a year. If you cancel your insurance you are charged a premium. The manufacturers are charged a 7 million fee to lobby (per province!). The market is too small for the manufacturers to pay the lobbyist fee.

Canada is a great country but they treat motorcyclists unfairly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Progressive. 2 motorcycles, both liability, uninsured, under insured, and medical. (I don't carry comprehensive because you can't carry uninsured/under with it) anyway I pay 87 a year for both bikes. Large sum of $7 a month.

I don't have loans on the bikes though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My full coverage insurance is around $39 per month. It will vary as others have said. Credit score, age, homeowner, marriage and kids all play a factor in it, at least that's what my insurance company questioned me about.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm paying $496/yr for full coverage, that equates to $41.30/mo. I'm 66 years old, have had a clean driving record for many years.

·
Registered
269 Posts
You all convinced me to look at Progressive as my GEICO policy was up for renewal. Been with GEICO for 20 years but, today, switched to Progressive as they offered the same coverage for half the price. I'm miffed at myself for not looking at alternatives sooner. I might have to start moving other vehicles over.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My
You all convinced me to look at Progressive as my GEICO policy was up for renewal. Been with GEICO for 20 years but, today, switched to Progressive as they offered the same coverage for half the price. I'm miffed at myself for not looking at alternatives sooner. I might have to start moving other vehicles over.
My progressive insurance for my bike is cheaper than Geico but for auto progressive is more than double what it is for Geico.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ugh, bummer. Too good to be true I suppose. Thanks for the heads-up.
It wouldn't hurt to check thats just what it was for me. I had just my truck on Progressive and it was like 700 per 6 months. I traded my truck in and got a car and bought a car from my gfs mom and for the both of them through Geico is about 500 per 6 months. Progressive rates for my bike were less than Geico so I just kept it through them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
In Canada the rates for a GSX-S 1000 are pretty high compared to every other country, but the rates for EVERY motorcycle are high in Canada, especially Ontario. We don't get multi-motorcycle discounts even though you can only ride one at a time. I have heard that Ontario Canada has the highest motorcycle insurance rates in the world. We are told it is because of the medical costs. If that were true all 10 provinces would be similar in their rates but they are not.

It is very expensive to operate a motorcycle in Canada - we are forced to purchase 12 month policies even though you can only ride 6 or 7 months a year. If you cancel your insurance you are charged a premium. The manufacturers are charged a 7 million fee to lobby (per province!). The market is too small for the manufacturers to pay the lobbyist fee.

Canada is a great country but they treat motorcyclists unfairly.
Agreed. Motorcycle insurance in Ontario is legalized theft. And insurance companies have no idea about the capabilities of different motorcycles, or what classes they should be in.

It costs me twice as much to insure my gsx-s1000f, as it would to insure a z900 Kawasaki. Agreed there is about a 25 hp difference, but apart from that and 100c.c. it should logically be in a similar class range. To charge twice as much is ridiculous.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts