GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I think those look great on the bike. Clean, functional, rounded design and black.
Pictures with bags off to see the mounting hardware?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really like your Hepco and Becker bags and mounts. Can you post a picture from the rear of the bike? My only concern is whether or not the bags extend past the turn signals. In other words, if you are in traffic and you signal to change lanes, will drivers off to the side (not directly behind the bike) be able to see the turn signal?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Real nice and clean (much cleaner than mine).

Your bike looks real nice, specially long distance touring.

Question: How far (in inch if possible) do they measure from edge to edge, and are they in line with tip of mirrors or further out/or in?

Also, that is a huge wind screen. Does it affect high speeds handling at all with side wind gusts? (just curious)

Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
can you.....................?

They are right at the edge of the rear of the bags, so just depends on the angle.
can you post a photo from behind, with perhaps a block of wood (if not much to ask, it's that it's easier to see) under the side stand (to keep the bike a bit straighter)just to see and get an idea of the stick-out vs. handlebars?

and perhaps a photo of one case open, just to see how i would fit my tablet and files folders.

thank you very much, if you have the time it will be very appreciated.:)

ps: just took another look at your photos, they look real nice, you are ready for a nice touring trip!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
can you post a photo from behind, with perhaps a block of wood (if not much to ask, it's that it's easier to see) under the side stand (to keep the bike a bit straighter)just to see and get an idea of the stick-out vs. handlebars?

and perhaps a photo of one case open, just to see how i would fit my tablet and files folders.

thank you very much, if you have the time it will be very appreciated.:)

ps: just took another look at your photos, they look real nice, you are ready for a nice touring trip!
Wouldn't it be easier to measure end to end handlebar width, then measure sidecase outside edge to outside edge width? Well, I guess there's the possibility the cases are not symmetrical, so a left side and ride side center to end measurement on both.
It would be much more accurate. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to measure end to end handlebar width, then measure sidecase outside edge to outside edge width? Well, I guess there's the possibility the cases are not symmetrical, so a left side and ride side center to end measurement on both.
It would be much more accurate. :)
Ye agree , the measurements also, please.

Visual is also good to me (it goes with my brain visualization):)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts