1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is with it ?
who is against it ?
why ?
i know the tail would probably fit , but what about the front and head light ?
any idea ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I love ideas that make no sense, except to the owner. The " I don't care, I'm doing it" is one of my most favorite parts of motorcycling.

The supersport fairings are about useless with high bars. if you add high bars to a gsxr 1000, you realize the fairing is all wrong, and ends up being a disadvantage.

Thats all you would end up with, and you can get a used 05 gsxr for 5 grand?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love ideas that make no sense, except to the owner. The " I don't care, I'm doing it" is one of my most favorite parts of motorcycling.

The supersport fairings are about useless with high bars. if you add high bars to a gsxr 1000, you realize the fairing is all wrong, and ends up being a disadvantage.

Thats all you would end up with, and you can get a used 05 gsxr for 5 grand?
thank you sir for your reply and advice , i am actually located in jordan now kin the middle east , a GSXR isn't allowed as it is marked as " a super sport bike " . so altho i love the thought but a gsxr1000 05 here cost over or the same as a gsx-s1000 2015 .
if i am going thro all the trouble of changing the fairing " if it fits " i will for sure change the handle bar or the handle bars heights to make it look better ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I imagine the only problem would be if there are any mounting lugs up by the stem. Then, add a few more points to stabilize it. I had high, tubular bars on my 07 and had to trim the fairing. May still be a better alternative to buying a whole GSX-S.

·
Registered
375 Posts
who is with it ?

who is against it ?

why ?

i know the tail would probably fit , but what about the front and head light ?

any idea ?
Are you after the looks or the riding position?

If it's the riding position, you can can make it more aggressive by changing to a lower handlebar and adjustable rearsets.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had initially clicked the link thinking I might could help with pictures or measurements since I have both but then saw the date. I could see someone wanting to go the other way but it would be quite an undertaking.

Seems like the older I get the more I like just new enough for FI and electronic tuning, that's about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts