GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was wondering if anyone can help me out

i like the gsxr key more then the gsxs key

anyone know if gsxr key will fit gsxs (when cut to match)

thanks

mat

·
Registered
593 Posts
I believe it's a transponder key, so the blade would have to have the same dimensions and the transponder would need to be compatible with the GSX-S immobiliser..... Or maybe remove the transponder chip from your current key and fit it to the replacement... might have to look into that a bit more!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a chip key but im sure the gsxr keys are too

So as long as the key blade has same profile we should be able to get it cut and programed to suit the gsxs

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes and every dealer should be able to program it thats why you only get two normal keys. Yamaha you get three (one is red for programming).

Give it a shot at the dealer and let us know.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes it is a chip key but im sure the gsxr keys are too

So as long as the key blade has same profile we should be able to get it cut and programed to suit the gsxs
Are you sure it's chipped (gsxs)?. I asked my dealer he said 'no, not like the gsxr'. I would have thought NZ and Aus would be the same spec.
Fyi i have seen gsxs keys on ebay that look like the gsxr keys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gsxs have transponder keys here in aus but not sure if its the same as gsxr

Just looked on ebay for gsxs1000 keys didn't find anything will look later when I get home from work

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've just had a look too, can't see them. They were genuine Suzuki ones, from someone in Germany, not like those Chinese copies that are on there now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey guys i was wondering if anyone can help me out

i like the gsxr key more then the gsxs key

anyone know if gsxr key will fit gsxs (when cut to match)

thanks

mat
i just compared the keys the gsxr key is 15mm shorter on the blade so i think it won`t be long enough to work
i may be wrong but its deffo shorter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts