GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are your answer to bite when you grab the front brake lever. I just installed a new set and it’s got good front brakes now.

What suzuki did was add a brembo pad stamped 05 on right caliper, the left caliper has the GSXR stamped 04 pad. So the 05 is apparently a less aggressive compound as the 04 so they split the difference up front, with 05s on both sides it would not stop I’m almost sure of it. The Brembo stamped 04 pad is your huckleberry and you only need one side. You already have the 04 pads on the left caliper.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Why would Suzuki use two different pads on the front? Is there really that large a cost saving for them to risk negative performance reviews? Weird.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would Suzuki use two different pads on the front? Is there really that large a cost saving for them to risk negative performance reviews? Weird.
Same manufacture on the pads (brembo just different compound) they were attempting to take the bite out of the front brakes and give a more linear brake feel (which they achieved) is my take on it. Having owned so many Suzuki's over the years I was not surprised by my findings. Nothing wrong with doing what they did they were simply not giving this bike the bite the GSXR front brakes have but still using the same Brembo caliper as the GSXR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same manufacture on the pads (brembo just different compound) they were attempting to take the bite out of the front brakes and give a more linear brake feel (which they achieved) is my take on it. Having owned so many Suzuki's over the years I was not surprised by my findings. Nothing wrong with doing what they did they were simply not giving this bike the bite the GSXR front brakes have but still using the same Brembo caliper as the GSXR.
Stupid question,which are the gsxr oem pads?And are they better than EBC HH?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stupid question,which are the gsxr oem pads?And are they better than EBC HH?
Not a stupid question this is quite confusing because this is not a suzuki part it’s a Brembo part provided to suzuki. The GSXR pads are 04 and easily found or sourced through suzuki for the GSXRs. Doesn’t matter year model or cc any that have the Suzuki black Brembo front calipers it’ll work. Guarantee they’ll be the 04 stamped pads.

Bottom line is Suzuki put a linear pad on one of the calipers to reduce the initial bite or grab some buying this type bike might feel offended by. The GSXR pad on both calipers is what you want if you are a front brake guy!

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,377 Posts
Just for reference or confusion, these are the original pads off the new Naked.

Green Grass Font Auto part Wood

Reactions: Geoff C and roy826
1 - 12 of 12 Posts