GSXS 1000 Forum banner

GSXS 1000 Product Questions

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lost 
#1 ·
Hi guys, my name is Mitch and I work at Moto Machines (www.motomachines.com) which is a seller of premium motorcycle accessories such as windshields, luggage, and protection. I am reaching out to the community here to become more involved and in efforts to get to know what people are looking for and what to stock. So I have three questions for you.

One, what would you like to see being sold that you have a hard time finding? This can be one item specifically or a whole category of things.

Two, Amazon has caused some problems with real-world expectations and now those new to motorcycling from the Amazon world expect everything to be in stock. We do our best to keep everything in stock but it’s simply not possible based on how many options are available and the fact that some items don’t sell that often. Can you please let me know how important it is to you that the item be in stock when you purchase the item. What is the length of time you are willing to wait on an item to get back in stock? Have you gone with an alternative lesser quality item because you didn’t want to wait? Do you still have that item or did you end up replacing it? Whatever your experience on this subject, we want to hear!

Three, what grinds your gears when it comes to purchasing items for your bike?

See less See more
#2 ·
An exhaust hanger that would fit to the right side passenger peg mount, that would end up the same place as the 90° brackets that the aftermarket exhaust companies use on their pipes. The 90° angles normally replace the pin that attaches the peg with a bolt in its place. Giving us the ability to eliminate rear foot peg brackets. Mine now, but with spacers to reach down further. It is the Yoshimura Mount, that only fits their stuff.

Attachments

#3 ·
Twag, I feel your pain. I had to fabricate a bracket to span the space between exhaust hanger and muffler strap (rather than the spacers at top like you did).

I found a company (thanks to GSXS-NH here) that sells a 9 inch hanger for later model GSXR 1000 (yours is 7 inch). It's on the way, I'll let you know if it works.

#5 ·
I don't really have direct answers for your questions but our bike (GSX-s1000), at least in North America, isn't really popular. So aftermarket is going to be a little difficult unfortunately. Coincidently, I have an order in with you guys for a windscreen right now. I ordered Aug 20 and am still waiting patiently. I realize that the product I ordered is basically a one of a kind, as I have not seen another one in the style/color. Would I have liked to have it by now, of course. But you guys were honest with me from the start in letting me know there was going to some waiting involved.
I believe some of the difficulty has to do with the companies that make products for our Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis etc are European based. ie, Ermax, Pyrimid Plastics, Hepco, Puig etc. So, its a guessing game what to keep in stock. All of this is obvious I'm sure. So customer service is key in this difficult business model. Just my 2cents.....

#6 ·
@MotoMachines, Thanks for reaching out. It's not often we get this opportunity.

One:

I'll second what @broncsrule21 said. If I had anything to add it's to say keep offering alternatives to what the other retailers are selling. Had I known about you I might be rocking the Hepco side cases rather than Givi.

Two:

If it's a "universal fit" item, I expect it to be in stock and be on my doorstep in 2-3 days. Unless, of course, it's legitimately out of stock and you're waiting on a new delivery. I've come to expect 5-14 days for "bike specific" items, but I understand there are pirates and governments intervening with shipments sometimes.

Three:

Product photos almost always suck, and almost always fail to show the features of the product. Once you've seen a waterproof tail bag from 4 feet away, you've seen them all. Just give me the cheapest one, and have it on my doorstep in 2-3 days because I'm going motocamping next weekend.

An online retailer out of Philly solved this problem by turning to video. They've been hustlin' for years and, for that, they have some loyal customers.

As an aside, since you're down the street from me, I'll make a point to stop in and say "Hi" sometime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.