GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just read on Rapid Bikes, on line mag about a tweaked GSXS, there are some serious mods done with custom built engine parts and a Woolich flash and a PCV added . The road tester when handed the keys was told ,''you probably won't be able to max it out in third ''. He was sceptical until he tried it .
It's been done by an Aussie company called Phil Tainton Racing, so if you have VERY deep pockets get in touch and you to can have the burnout ,wheelie GSXS from H..L, the auto censor won't let me say the opposite of heaven for some reason ,

·
Registered
333 Posts
posted here already 2 or 3 times

·
Registered
305 Posts
Better buy a new bike with "enough" HP as the aussie kit is *extremely* high priced IMHO.
:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
No arguing that the Australian kit is expensive but I don't know of any naked that comes from the factory with that much horsepower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
No arguing that the Australian kit is expensive but I don't know of any naked that comes from the factory with that much horsepower
The "2009" VMax comes close though.

The aussie kit is awesome, but I think it should be possible to make almost the same result ("big"bore/stroker-crank) to half the price.
Unfortunately it is a non-existing market I believe, so nobody else than this aussie company offer similar "kits". :crying:

·
Registered
719 Posts
The "2009" VMax comes close though.

The aussie kit is awesome, but I think it should be possible to make almost the same result ("big"bore/stroker-crank) to half the price.
Unfortunately it is a non-existing market I believe, so nobody else than this aussie company offer similar "kits". :crying:
I wouldn't classify the vmax as the same type of bike......its more of a feet forward cruiser......completely different riding dynamic and different engine characteristics......Fast bike though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
my question is why would anyone want that much power to the wheel, it'd be like driving a Bugatti Veyron around in the city or taking donkey rides on a race horse, "I can't drive 55" comes to mind. IMHO this bike has more than enough power in stock form for any practical street use.

·
Registered
719 Posts
my question is why would anyone want that much power to the wheel, it'd be like driving a Bugatti Veyron around in the city or taking donkey rides on a race horse, "I can't drive 55" comes to mind. IMHO this bike has more than enough power in stock form for any practical street use.
you answered your own question, there is nothing practical about it. People still buy veyrons and some people do try to unleash their power.....a few have the skill to do so and that doesn't necessarily mean trying to drive top speed. These bikes are about acceleration...A gsx-125 has enough power to be "Practical"....I want thrills so i bought a gsx1000. If I pooped money I would do the mods just for grin inducing factor.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's why the gsx-s1000 is such a great bike, best bang for the buck, it's got plenty of power and you don't need a lot of money to mod it or to unlock more ponies.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is why I stopped riding my 2016 ZX10R on the road. 199whp. 1st gear goes over 105mph with stock gearing. Cannot redline gears legally on the street. But my GSX-S is a beauty on the street. It has all my liter bike friends who are track/street on same bike, wanting to buy naked uprights for the street only. That being said in a couple of weeks, I am taking the zx10 and the GSX on the track, cannot wait for that!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i take the GSXS to the track twice a month usually and have sold my track bike, just ride the GS, street and track , apart from some very determined sports bike riders in the class i ride , i can more than hold my own , just love this bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts