GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 2022 GT STARTED RATTLING AT 1500 KLM, IT WOULD RATTLE LOUDLY WHEN HOT AND YOU LEFT IT STANDING SWITCHED OFF FOR A COFFEE BREAK , UPON RETURNING TO START "HOT" RAISE THE REVS TO 2000 AND THE RATTLING COULD BE HEARD BY ALL THAT WERE PARKED NEAR ME ? I WAS ADVISED TO SEE IF THIS RATTLING WOULD DEVELOP WHICH IT DID EVEN LOUDER , SO A VIDEO WAS SENT WITH SOUND TO TECH DEPT SUZUKI AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE AND HAVE LEFT IT TO MY LOCAL SUZUKI DEALER TO COME UP WITH A REMEDY ???? SO A CHAIN TENSIONER "MIGHT BE THE ANSWER" ??? BUT THERE ARE NO CHAIN TENSIONERS FOR THIS BIKE IN OZZ ?? SO ITS ON BACK ORDER FROM JAPAN = THANKS ! HAVE NOW BEEN OFF ROAD FOR 3 WEEKS AND NO COMMUNICATION THATS OF ANY HELP FROM SUZUKI HQ ,NOT IMPRESSED AND EVEN WHEN THE SO CALLED "FIX" IS INSTALLED NO GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK ???? HOW DO I FEEL MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! RGDS .

·
Registered
453 Posts
MY 2022 GT STARTED RATTLING AT 1500 KLM, IT WOULD RATTLE LOUDLY WHEN HOT AND YOU LEFT IT STANDING SWITCHED OFF FOR A COFFEE BREAK , UPON RETURNING TO START "HOT" RAISE THE REVS TO 2000 AND THE RATTLING COULD BE HEARD BY ALL THAT WERE PARKED NEAR ME ? I WAS ADVISED TO SEE IF THIS RATTLING WOULD DEVELOP WHICH IT DID EVEN LOUDER , SO A VIDEO WAS SENT WITH SOUND TO TECH DEPT SUZUKI AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE AND HAVE LEFT IT TO MY LOCAL SUZUKI DEALER TO COME UP WITH A REMEDY ???? SO A CHAIN TENSIONER "MIGHT BE THE ANSWER" ??? BUT THERE ARE NO CHAIN TENSIONERS FOR THIS BIKE IN OZZ ?? SO ITS ON BACK ORDER FROM JAPAN = THANKS ! HAVE NOW BEEN OFF ROAD FOR 3 WEEKS AND NO COMMUNICATION THATS OF ANY HELP FROM SUZUKI HQ ,NOT IMPRESSED AND EVEN WHEN THE SO CALLED "FIX" IS INSTALLED NO GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK ???? HOW DO I FEEL MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! RGDS .
Do you have the video to share in here?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am experiencing the same issue, Although I think mine is almost a knock. I'm right at 4000 miles. I have sent Suzuki Several Video's of the noise. Waiting to see what comes of it. Being that I'm the Service manager I hope to get a quick response. When I started hearing the noise I looked up the tensioner and saw only 2 left in the USA then they go on back order, so I quickly ordered one for the bike. I have it, But I do not think that it will solve the issue. I'm betting its either the Counter balancer or Crankshaft. Love the bike. I hope this can be solved quickly for all of us...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hallo chaps, wotteva is awaiting cam chain tensioner from wherever !.should be here in ozz next month ,and then await fitting!? My cataracts have been done so no shouting !! Happy now .

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had a similar problem on a 2012 GSXR1000; the welding tag holding in the catalytic converter had let go, and that created a rattle; it might be the catalytic matrix in the turkey baster has broken free;

1 - 9 of 9 Posts