GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i had a test ride a couple of weeks ago on the black & red naked. First off that particular bike did have a snatchy throttle.....nothing i either couldn't fix or just get used to in time, so not a deal breaker.
I turned the traction control off and gave it some stick and when i looked at the gear indicator it seemed to be in 2nd or 3rd for the whole ride (1 hour) down mostly twisty b roads.....Which was a lot of fun.

When i gave the bike back we were chatting about the bike and i mentioned i hardly got it out of 3rd, the salesman looked at me a bit funny and must have thought i was just bimbling round town on it.....Oh how wrong he was..:)

I have watched most you tube vids about this bike, mostly people out on test rides occasionally opening it up and screaming swear words inside their helmets......Then i found this vid last night and thought thats what this bike is meant for.....in it's element.

Notice the gear indicator......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLIOJzgkK4

·
Registered
282 Posts
GSXS in heaven :)

Used only twice 4th gear I think.
We don't have these long curby roads here in eastflanders

Reactions: Sav

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because it's more fun is the easy answer..:)

I ride my 7R the same way but i would have been in 3rd and 4th because i have lowered the gearing......I don't want to do 170 mph anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts