GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,just brought a 2016, gsx s 1000 2545 milrs,was sold as a ABS bike, but No warning light on dash ! whats the score,got traction control, please advise,Ged Dennis
please advise

·
Registered
68 Posts
if does not work, check the abs sensor.

perhaps it might be possible to check error codes by pressing some buttons on a dash. Not sure here.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
My bike has ABS marked on the front fender RH side.
Check if there is an ABS pump block under the rear of the tank.

Reactions: Gixis1k

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
401 Posts
2nd dekkers statement , mine states ABS on front fender too.

I've had the ABS disabled for a few months (don't like it to be honest - to intrusive for me)

checkuunder tthe seat look at the fuaebox - does it state ABS VALVE
ABS MOTO

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Dekker is right. Or you could just go out and stamp on the rear brake at 30mph. If it skids take it back to the shop and ask them to fix it, if it doesn't, problem solved, you have abs

·
Registered
2016 GSXS 1000
41 Posts
Definitely an abs model as I can see both wheel speed sensors in the picture. If it's not working bring it back to the dealer, easy to test by hitting the rear brake hard and seeing if it skids or pulses like it should as mentioned above.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,678 Posts
Definitely an abs model as I can see both wheel speed sensors in the picture. If it's not working bring it back to the dealer, easy to test by hitting the rear brake hard and seeing if it skids or pulses like it should as mentioned above.
Wheel speed sensors are not necessarily an indication of ABS they are required for traction control and speedo reading.

Reactions: gritty and Chris828

·
Registered
178 Posts
A lot of dealers made this mistake. As noted above, the wheel speed sensors are used for traction control as well. The easiest way to know if the bike has ABS, look at the dash. On the lower left, ABS models have a light. Non-ABS models have a blank space where the ABS light is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts