·
Registered
328 Posts
Very nice!

Maybe next time give him a head start? :D

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
****, dude. You reeled him him right before the trap. Where you in any traction modes or did you have it off?

Also, I think I'm deaf now. Probably should've taken my ear-buds out before playing the video, haha.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
****, dude. You reeled him him right before the trap. Where you in any traction modes or did you have it off?
It wasn't me AJ. As much as I'd liked to have a go. It was just a You Tube clip I came across when doing a little surfing.

There is another one from the same guy up against a GSX R 1000 which doesn't go quite so well ( as you could expect really) Boy is it quick at the top end.
The vid really shows the GSXR lack of bottom end though
Shame there isn't any times posted for any of this.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:laugh:Good find:laugh:
...but I thought it was normally your index finger you would raise to signify you were number one:D:D:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
z1000 is the only machine swaying me but I know the z900 under the hood is cheap as chips. disappointingly so.

My z900 for the road is / was so torquey at usable rpm (5k - 7k) it just bolted hard , Top end was weak but by then I would already be doing 80 mph......I'm personally all about acceleration ; many manufacturer's should have put the peak power way to high on machines that aren't SportsBikes.

you have to already be doing a thousand miles per hour before the real bite kicks in

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Z-series bikes (not the latest Supercharged one) have always been a little disappointing to me. I think they look great, the motor is down on power to the competition. The Z-900 is less powerful and way heavier than the MT-09. The Z-1000 is slower and heavier than the GSXS.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Z-series bikes (not the latest Supercharged one) have always been a little disappointing to me. I think they look great, the motor is down on power to the competition. The Z-900 is less powerful and way heavier than the MT-09. The Z-1000 is slower and heavier than the GSXS.

but kawasaki did one thing great , they tuned the bikes for the street , the mt-09 kicks in too late and has a sportier tune than the zed considering its a "naked"

The Zed9 has 15t / 44t sprocket setup which is why its torque is so instant. I personally am a new Kawasaki fan (always dispised that horrid neon gaerish green) because the zed9 is soooo much fun at usable speeds that dont lose your license

Anyway I've finalised the deal on my GSX-S1000 :) so damm Excited

·
Registered
286 Posts
Anyway I've finalised the deal on my GSX-S1000 :) so damm Excited
Congratulatios Gixis1k! What's the OTD for you?
I may get me one this weekend, I already test drove it and I love it. :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts