GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah definitely , considering it only has 500miles too & 2019 variant , with a Yoshi & ASV levers:D
If I get it new I'll remove the cat, I love the sound of this 4 in line engine. Also, I'll install a Givi top box to carry my lunch.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If I get it new I'll remove the cat, I love the sound of this 4 in line engine. Also, I'll install a Givi top box to carry my lunch.

Remove the cat from the stock? or Replace the headers entirely?

I have a feeling the futrue holds penalties for bikes with decatted systems & there is tech already being tested to check this on the go!

In the UK the unprecedented amount of speed cameras are going to have sound analysis added to them to fine vehicles that are obnoxiously loud!

Emissions tests will work something like this , I believe

·
Registered
188 Posts
You guys are crazy

I hated the z900 gearing and sprocket. Had to shift way more than Suzuki, was gross.

Many z9ers Go Up 1 (16t) sprocket at the front & down one on the rear (43t) to eliminate this !

Like many GSX-Sers go down one on the front to (16t) as the top end is kinda wasted on the roads . . . . . I might do this myself to be honest

·
Registered
285 Posts
Remove the cat from the stock? or Replace the headers entirely?
No need to touch the 4 Link pipes, all you do is cut a bit before the cat connects and connect a single pipe for $50 or you can do it yourself, then install a nice slip-on for great sound.

I have a feeling the futrue holds penalties for bikes with decatted systems & there is tech already being tested to check this on the go!
The government of UK, USA and the rest of the world can kiss my ***.

n the UK the unprecedented amount of speed cameras are going to have sound analysis added to them to fine vehicles that are obnoxiously loud!
The louder the bike the best, if they don't like the sound they can kiss my *** too.

Emissions tests will work something like this , I believe
It's all about money my friend, they have made you believe that if you fart you contaminate the world.

Reactions: Beaker

·
Registered
188 Posts
The government of UK, USA and the rest of the world can kiss my ***.

The louder the bike the best, if they don't like the sound they can kiss my *** too.

It's all about money my friend, they have made you believe that if you fart you contaminate the world.

You may ask them to ....... but either way its your money that WILL ;) go them ; unless of course your a freeman of the land ?

doesnt matter what anyone believes or wants , what is ; is!

caught speeding youll pay ..... smiple

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The louder the bike the best, if they don't like the sound they can kiss my *** too..
Really? I wanna hear a good sound from my bike, but if drivers can't see you, sound don't mean sheet!
The "louder is better" thing gets a little old when I'm trying to sleep and some a-hole on a straight pipe hardley drive past my house.
Let's not just be dik-heads.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I was on the on ramp going home from work the other day in 2nd gear about 75mph and there was a motor cop tucked away watching for speeders on the highway, he broke his neck to eyeball me. Was way too late to back off so I kept in and went on, he didn't give chase. Point is, the bike in factory form is not as quiet as you think.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Really? I wanna hear a good sound from my bike, but if drivers can't see you, sound don't mean sheet!
The "louder is better" thing gets a little old when I'm trying to sleep and some a-hole on a straight pipe hardley drive past my house.
Let's not just be dik-heads.

I used to be the knobb with a straight pipe ; frickin obnoxious, so pleased I ain't got that loud z9 anymore :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Me too,
Bit there done that. Tired of giving myself a headache and the cops a heads up;)
That said, there i was thinking I was in stealth mode because the GSXS was so quiet in comparison to my old bike and after a little mad session chasing down a mate around the Devon countryside I was surprised when we pulled over and he said he could tell I was right on his a$$ because he could hear every gear change I made 0:)
So, not that quiet in standard trym then

·
Registered
188 Posts
Me too,
Bit there done that. Tired of giving myself a headache and the cops a heads up;)
That said, there i was thinking I was in stealth mode because the GSXS was so quiet in comparison to my old bike and after a little mad session chasing down a mate around the Devon countryside I was surprised when we pulled over and he said he could tell I was right on his a$$ because he could hear every gear change I made 0:)
So, not that quiet in standard trym then

one of the best sounding stock pipes ive heard , definitely the nicest looking

very pleased with this purchase:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I got booked for speeding in Wales, Autumn last year. He said he was alerted to my approach because he heard my exhaust, so had me targeted. My bike is standard.:(

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Naughty Boy>:D
Did you get fined or have to do a Speed awareness course?
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Naughty Boy>:D
Did you get fined or have to do a Speed awareness course?
:laugh:
£100 and 3 points. No option for SAC. I was on an open road no buildings and was accelerating out of a 30mph limit, caught at 40 mph.:crying:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The Buggers.
They always go for the easy ones. I’ve no problems with school zones, built up areas or accident black spots etc but it seems proper policing has gone out the window and it’s anything for a quick buck.
Feel for you Buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
£100 and 3 points. No option for SAC. I was on an open road no buildings and was accelerating out of a 30mph limit, caught at 40 mph.:crying:

similar , July 2012 , summer day (actually not raining in UK that day 😂), industrial estate on a Saturday afternoon...... fined £120 & 3 points for 34 mph in a 30 & an additional 3 for "not identifying myself"...... traffic cops are nothing more than revenue collection agents for an illegitimate state

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
thats pretty bad getting stopped 5 mph over speed limit..guess thats why i enjoy highway so much...usually it moves at 80 mph when theres traffic and there not looking to pull anyone over..over 100 no chase side roads are always tough city always looking for money

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I could also mention the £41 fine that dropped through my door about 3 weeks after returning from a Tour of the European Alps in Aug last year. Courtesy of Monsieur Macron,
their cameras are difficult to spot.

I have been to the Alps many times but nowadays it is pretty much a waste of time with a 50mph blanket limit every where except motorways and dual carriage ways.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Feel sorry for you guys. Where I live, you pretty much have to be doing 10 over before they'll pull you over, unless it's a school zone. I still run a RD and it has saved my behind a few times.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts