GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Way round it is to move the number plate underneath the rear of the bike or at the minimum (I'm doing this today) bend your tail tidy so it angles downwards..... the above mean the police can still see your plates but those dastardly cameras can do one

also for £20 a smaller number plate , i ordered the 8"x2" ; bit small as on my Z900 i had the 8"x3" which I orderedllast night.

arrives in one day

https://replacement-number-plates.com/
:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I could also mention the £41 fine that dropped through my door about 3 weeks after returning from a Tour of the European Alps in Aug last year. Courtesy of Monsieur Macron,
their cameras are difficult to spot.

I have been to the Alps many times but nowadays it is pretty much a waste of time with a 50mph blanket limit every where except motorways and dual carriage ways.

speed camera apps are totally illegal in France too

·
Registered
220 Posts
Feel sorry for you guys. Where I live, you pretty much have to be doing 10 over before they'll pull you over, unless it's a school zone. I still run a RD and it has saved my behind a few times.
Reagenn, how do you run a RD on the bike exactly? Waterproofing? Beep alerts?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Reagenn, how do you run a RD on the bike exactly? Waterproofing? Beep alerts?
I have an "F", so I run it behind the shield and it'll stay dry unless it really starts pouring. In that case, i just pop it off and throw it in the tail bag.
As far as alerts go, I haven't purchased the H.A.R.D. remote alert yet, so I just have to keep one eye on it. It's not far from my line of sight, so it's not too bad. Sometimes, if the light is right, I can catch the display reflection on my bike shield like a HUD.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have mine mounted via velcro on the top trailing edge of the fairing, it's fairly flat and level there. It has voice alert and an ear phone jack so the speaker is in my helmet and I don't have to rely on the lights. Problem recently is that most cars have blind spot protection alert and rear collision warning. These are K band radar and can get annoying and discerning trying to determine if it is law enforcement. KA band radar is always dapoleece but some departments still use K so ya just gotta be cautious. If it rains I just pull it off and stick it in my pocket. Won't ride with out it!!!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts