GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I think the standard exhaust looks and sounds great and am reluctant to change it. But if a manufacturer brings out a nice angular design with appropriate heat shield ill probably change it.

What exhausts are you guys using?? standard or aftermarket

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Standard, think it sounds nice but will probably change it in the future when I see something I like.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had an Akrapovic on my last bike but i must admit i like the sound of the standard exhaust on this bike. Loud when it needs to be and bearable on long trips.

When i test rode the GSXS at the dealership they had an aftermarket slip on and it didnt sound much different to the original.

Saying that the Yoshimura R11 looks nice

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the remus titanium muffler

Attachments

Reactions: Spl_K

·
Registered
593 Posts
Exhaust is normally the first thing I change, but not on this bike. So far, all the aftermarket exhausts I have seen seem too big. Saw this one that looks like it may need a bit more investigation though...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't really care for Race Taylormade exhaust, but if he could design one for this bike it would look good. The one he built for the 2015 R1 makes the bike look finished at the bottom.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Exhaust is normally the first thing I change, but not on this bike. So far, all the aftermarket exhausts I have seen seem too big. Saw this one that looks like it may need a bit more investigation though...
I totaly agree w you. I also think this is good looking exhaust it just needs some cover (carbon or black) instead of orig. chrome and it would be perfect. Of course it has to be legal for EU.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The 90% of sound that you hear when you drive your Gixxus comes from airbox not from pipe. However don't buy an exhaust for its design or for how it looks sexy with your bike... A good exhaust has to make the perfect work with your bike, with the engine... Not to be sexy at your eyes :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
The 90% of sound that you hear when you drive your Gixxus comes from airbox not from pipe. However don't buy an exhaust for its design or for how it looks sexy with your bike... A good exhaust has to make the perfect work with your bike, with the engine... Not to be sexy at your eyes :)

i believe the "Perfect" exhaust should both work well with the engine / map and at the same time look good on the bike

i like the look of the yosh slipon but cant justify the cost as it does not show much if any HP improvement and sound about the same as the stock. will wait to see more dyno info with yosh exhaust before passing judgment

·
Registered
190 Posts
i believe the "Perfect" exhaust should both work well with the engine / map and at the same time look good on the bike

i like the look of the yosh slipon but cant justify the cost as it does not show much if any HP improvement and sound about the same as the stock. will wait to see more dyno info with yosh exhaust before passing judgment
I am more interested in what can be achieved with the standard setup!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like this one...

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts