GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I own a 2019 gsxs750 and was actually looking to get some more unf out of my bike. I was looking into doing a full exhaust with decat high flow air filter the airbox mod and a power commander. I was wondering what people were seeing for gains with these mods? Any problems during the process of doing the mods? Any parts recommended for these mods?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi JTR,
Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for your question's. It sucks when you go to the effort of joining and get a deafening silence.
The quick answer to your question is that there are only a very few Members with a 750 on here and I don't recall those mods being stated as done.
I could be wrong, but the silence since your post seems to confirm it. Never know, they may have been distracted with life and still respond later, but your talking to a small audience with 750's here.
I think most were happy with what they got from Suzuki and did the slip on exhaust for more sound, and the usual bling mods and crash protector route.

Rob.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JTR,
Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for your question's. It sucks when you go to the effort of joining and get a deafening silence.
The quick answer to your question is that there are only a very few Members with a 750 on here and I don't recall those mods being stated as done.
I could be wrong, but the silence since your post seems to confirm it. Never know, they may have been distracted with life and still respond later, but your talking to a small audience with 750's here.
I think most were happy with what they got from Suzuki and did the slip on exhaust for more sound, and the usual bling mods and crash protector route.

Rob.

That's what I sorta figured with it being a 1000 forum. I just took the chance to see if I could get answers. Thanks for the reply. I was only asking cause I'm jumping between either trading mine in at the one year mark after I pay off a bit or make it my own and go all out with it. It's my first bike and I like it enough to keep it but it also leaves me wanting more if you know what I mean lol.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
That's what I sorta figured with it being a 1000 forum. I just took the chance to see if I could get answers. Thanks for the reply. I was only asking cause I'm jumping between either trading mine in at the one year mark after I pay off a bit or make it my own and go all out with it. It's my first bike and I like it enough to keep it but it also leaves me wanting more if you know what I mean lol.
If I were you, I'd LeaveItStock (as one of our great forum members would say), and see how you feel about it in a year or after you pay it off. You won't get the money back you pay for add-ons, and it's a hassle to remove them and return it to stock when you sell. If after a year you decide to keep it, then go nuts. ...or trade it for what you might covet at that time. ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
In my experience, tweaking any bike for performance or aesthetics enhancements is a costly yet rewarding process.
Personalising a bike has always enriched my future ownership and riding experiences.
That being said I would only spend money on a bike that i was mostly happy with in stock form.

The SV650 is a great bike, but no amount of money can make it the GSX-S750.

The 750 is also a great bike, no amount of money can make it the 1000.

If your'e after more power, hold off and upgrade to the 1000. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi JTR,
Have a read of my post (I posted after your post one here) of my final 6 month/5000 KM life with the 2019 GSX-S750.
I will be returning to the 1000 Naked fold again next week having decided that upgrading my 750 would not materially benefit me at the eventual resale time and I was OK with the dialed in 750 as stock.
The 1000 is worth the added expense as it can do and reward more than just be a basic bike.

Rob.

Link: https://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/suzuki-gsx-s750-general-discussion/43976-gsx-s750-5-000-km-final-review.html

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
As a general rule of thumb a pipe, tune and filters will get you roughly about 10% more HP.
If you want more you normally have to go more radical (read as more money) and start thinking about cams, big bore, blue printing, turbo, the sky's the limit (until it goes bang;))
For some $1500 bucks is too much for too little (pipe, tune ,filter) and if you added $1500 to the price of the bike could you have just had the 1000 and the horse power anyway. It all depends on what you desire at the end of the day.
Don't get me wrong, it's not always about power and I'm the first one to admit a custom tune will make the bike soo much nicer to ride. Don't let my opinion put you off if that's what you want to do, go for it. Then you can be the one answering the next 750 owner whom poses the same question;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As a general rule of thumb a pipe, tune and filters will get you roughly about 10% more HP.
If you want more you normally have to go more radical (read as more money) and start thinking about cams, big bore, blue printing, turbo, the sky's the limit (until it goes bang/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png)
For some $1500 bucks is too much for too little (pipe, tune ,filter) and if you added $1500 to the price of the bike could you have just had the 1000 and the horse power anyway. It all depends on what you desire at the end of the day.
Don't get me wrong, it's not always about power and I'm the first one to admit a custom tune will make the bike soo much nicer to ride. Don't let my opinion put you off if that's what you want to do, go for it. Then you can be the one answering the next 750 owner whom poses the same question/forum/images/DiscoverySport_net/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
These are all good opinions guys. I really appreciate the response. I see now that power adders on something smaller may not be really desirable cause of the power gain. I came from cars and havent had a single car I didnt modify in some way and it's really moved over to bikes now since I've gotten this one lol. I was leaning toward something bigger like the 1000 or go gsxr but I wasnt sure if itd be worth the insurance but it may be just what I decide to do in the long run.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hi Jake,
Before you buy again, see if you can refine your needs from a bike and research and weigh up that up for a pass/fail or a maybe.

High HP is needed really for the top end where high speed is the desired outcome where you are trying to pierce through the wall of wind. Bikes that are made with HP in mind will always have a lot of water radiator plus oil cooling radiators.
Hence bikes like the faired GSX-R Family are fitted with motor's typically as high end screamers. Hence the GSX-S storyline of 'retuned' for the road, where the top end HP is supposed to traded in for more lower down torque.
HP and Torque in a motor and like a sliding scale, your either at one place, but you can't be at both ends of the scale at the same time. That's where turbo's and superchargers come to the rescue.

I don't have the need for speed, but the GSX-S1000 has a lot more torque above 3000 RPM than the 750 can ever deliver, and in my old 2016 1000 I never had the need to explore (ride) past 4500.
My 750 is only starting to earn it's oats at 5000 RPM, so that's why a primary reason for me to return to the 1000 after 6 months of ownership of my 2019 750.
To continue on with it, for me, is only to depreciate it further. Your situation may be totally different, and seeing as it's your first bike, I would say stay with the 750 and further develop roadcraft skills that a good handling road bike can do for you before looking at the HP bikes.

Rob.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
watched a few youtube vids of mechanic changing air filters...the high flow air filters the air box was always dirty inside and the stock filters airbox are clean ....for maybe a few ponys you decide

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey Jake just leave it stock mate. Learn from old dudes who have wasted way to much money on upgrades
Only to sell the bike and lose more money.
I’ve wasted way to much $ on bikes and I’ve had a few lol anyhow just my 2cents worth.
Have fun mate and like I like to say LIVING THE DREAM!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Jake,
Before you buy again, see if you can refine your needs from a bike and research and weigh up that up for a pass/fail or a maybe.

High HP is needed really for the top end where high speed is the desired outcome where you are trying to pierce through the wall of wind. Bikes that are made with HP in mind will always have a lot of water radiator plus oil cooling radiators.
Hence bikes like the faired GSX-R Family are fitted with motor's typically as high end screamers. Hence the GSX-S storyline of 'retuned' for the road, where the top end HP is supposed to traded in for more lower down torque.
HP and Torque in a motor and like a sliding scale, your either at one place, but you can't be at both ends of the scale at the same time. That's where turbo's and superchargers come to the rescue.

I don't have the need for speed, but the GSX-S1000 has a lot more torque above 3000 RPM than the 750 can ever deliver, and in my old 2016 1000 I never had the need to explore (ride) past 4500.
My 750 is only starting to earn it's oats at 5000 RPM, so that's why a primary reason for me to return to the 1000 after 6 months of ownership of my 2019 750.
To continue on with it, for me, is only to depreciate it further. Your situation may be totally different, and seeing as it's your first bike, I would say stay with the 750 and further develop roadcraft skills that a good handling road bike can do for you before looking at the HP bikes.

Rob.
Thinking about it a gsxr would get my in trouble lol. Also naked bikes are growing on me over the supersport bikes. I dont go over a certain speed on my 750 so i dont really need the high end power either. To me the torque is much more enjoyable. I dont plan on buying again here soon so I have plenty of time to research, practice and get better at riding, and weigh out the pros and cons of bigger bike. I honestly dont think I'll look into an actual sport bike for a while really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Jake just leave it stock mate. Learn from old dudes who have wasted way to much money on upgrades
Only to sell the bike and lose more money.
I’ve wasted way to much $ on bikes and I’ve had a few lol anyhow just my 2cents worth.
Have fun mate and like I like to say LIVING THE DREAM!
I am looking at keeping it stock now. Few of these comments made me realize it wouldnt be worth the money. I'll prolly personalize it with cosmetic mods. The slipon I have on it now will do just fine in terms of "power adding"/ noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Jake, I've been in a similar dilemma as you. Returned to bikes after absence of 25 yrs ( my short lived Harley experience doesn't count) and feeling wary of the abundance of horsepower nowadays settled on the 2014 GSX S750 (Bear in mind my last bike was in the 80's, a Suz GS 750. It was a good decision: for 3 yrs I relearned the subtleties of staying alive on two wheels (and joy of just going nuts without too much powerl. When I started thinking about improving on the stock mode I realised that it now makes sense to move to the 1000. It is now nearly two years on my 2018 z model and I haven't regretted it one moment. Plus you have a great forum where you learn from the most dedicated and friendly bunch of people about everything and anything about your bike. I must confess most of the technical stuff is way over my head, but you sound more knowledgeable than me anyway.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am looking at keeping it stock now. Few of these comments made me realize it wouldnt be worth the money. I'll prolly personalize it with cosmetic mods. The slipon I have on it now will do just fine in terms of "power adding"/ noise.
Jake, I think you saw the light, these bikes are powerful enough as they are.

This is extrictly my opinion, and long time ago quit wasting money on "performance mods".

Most "performance" mods are not worth the money spent, specially in this age of computers and sensors. Even if anything is achieved, it is negligible, thus the so called gains are simply 'sychological' not real...and noise is not power as most people think.

The so called performance air filters, pass more air by FILTERING LESS, and the unrestrictive exhaust is mostly the looks, the noise, and the only gain is the weight saved (at the expense of durability), but still on the streets it won't make any dicernible difference.....I personally am interested in enjoying an exiting ride, not 'out-performing' any one....at least am way passed that, thankfully.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I agree. Hone your skills on the stock 750 for a year. There is no replacement for displacement when it comes to torque. No amount of money will transform the 750 into a torque monster. High RPM HP gains are nice but lead to speeding tickets haha. Torque is where the fun is. You will get more experience with shifting gears on the 750. Most country road rides are 6th gear and forget it affairs on the 1000. With the torque the 1000 produces there is not much need to downshift very often. The 750 requires more rider involvement to stay in the torque sweet spot....and that's a good thing for a new rider. Honestly it's more fun I think. I LIKE shifting my bike...rev matching and blipping and feeling like Rossi on every ride.:D

Some of the most fun I have had on a bike was on a 1986 Honda XL250S dual purpose bike I bought new in my 20's. Not much torque or hp to work with but I flogged the mammary glands off that bike, dirt and street, every chance I could for years and it was a blast!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I own a 2019 gsxs750 and was actually looking to get some more unf out of my bike. I was looking into doing a full exhaust with decat high flow air filter the airbox mod and a power commander. I was wondering what people were seeing for gains with these mods? Any problems during the process of doing the mods? Any parts recommended for these mods?
Hi Jake, i bought my GSX S 750 back in late August 2019. I have spent a lot on my mods. Radiator protector, heated grips, rear brake flasher unit, Givi luggage, Givi phone mount, USB power supply, Visor, K&N air filter, power commander, Yoshi alpha T slip on, quick shifter. I went from 100hp at the rear wheel to 120hp when it was tuned. I have my little tourer set up just the way I want.
Cheap insurance and rego with plenty of beans for the road.

Yeah you get a lot of people that say you need more... but you don't for a daily ride. Mates of mine have ridden my gsxs. They were saying that it is not enough bike, every one of them could not hide their smile after taking it for a fang! All said it is a blast to ride.

So all the $$$ i spent sure i could have bought the litre version but i still would have set it up with most of those features.
I intend on keeping mine for several years so no regrets about spending the coin. Do what is right for you, power is addictive, you will always want more... then one day when you get older and wiser
you are happy with a sensible riding position and rider comfort. I regularly do 500km plus rides, the 750 does it well.
Make the right decision for yourself. You always loose money when you sell any vehicle, but what price do you put on fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
These are all good opinions guys. I really appreciate the response. I see now that power adders on something smaller may not be really desirable cause of the power gain. I came from cars and havent had a single car I didnt modify in some way and it's really moved over to bikes now since I've gotten this one lol. I was leaning toward something bigger like the 1000 or go gsxr but I wasnt sure if itd be worth the insurance but it may be just what I decide to do in the long run.
I have the same bike you have (in black). I didn't do anything for additional power (exhaust, airbox, etc). Most of what I've done is somewhat cosmetic or safety-related (upgraded lighting, levers, de-fender, windshield). I'm planning on having the suspension tuned and/or upgraded soon.
This isn't a liter sportbike, so I'm never going to run down a GSXR/R1 on the highway. But it's fast enough for what I need; I rarely feel lacking unless one of the big expensives is in play. But I get sportbike handling for the curvies, twisties, and traffic whilst spending $2-3k less than a S1000, and a LOT less than a liter sportbike. Why this bike sells so poorly is completely lost on me.
When I decide to move on from this bike, I'm not sure if I'll go with a full sportbike, I love the streetfighter/naked too much. It'll probably be a Street or Speed Triple, Tuono, MV, or some Ducati variation, but I seriously doubt it'll be a S1000. Sorry guys...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts