GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum and ownership of a Suzuki. I have searched the forum and Google, but can't seem to make sense of what I'm looking for.

Basically the standard mirrors that come with the GSXS I'm finding a bit annoying - I can't always see past my body and stick out/up to high for my liking. I am wondering if people could point me in the right direction of under-bar mirrors (unsure if that's the correct terminlology)? Anyone have them? Are they hard to install?

Any advice would be fantastic.

Cheers,
Bizzy

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Do you mean "bar-end"mirrors? If so, CRG Arrows are great, not cheap. You can find on Ebay many Chinese cheaper versions

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've had 2 sets of the CRG Arrow knockoffs. They fail at the mirror ball joint if you rotate them too much, the ball joint loosens/unglues itself off the shaft. Maybe you're supposed to loosen the screws first? But that would make repositioning on the fly a bit of a pain so I don't know. They also vibrate above 7k and they dont have enough glove clearance to fold them inward.

Now I got the Rizoma Reverse Retro knockoffs by Kemimoto which I like a lot better. They don't look as good and cost more ($35 vs $20) but I like everything else about it much better. Ball joint design is different, same visibility as Arrow, tinting to reduce glare, rock solid, and plenty of glove clearance to fold them inward.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean "bar-end"mirrors? If so, CRG Arrows are great, not cheap. You can find on Ebay many Chinese cheaper versions
Thanks for the reply - they are similar to what I'm looking for, but I saw a GSXS a few weeks ago that had the mirrors come back in under the grips? I'm assuming they must be a type of Bar Ends?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Thanks for the reply - they are similar to what I'm looking for, but I saw a GSXS a few weeks ago that had the mirrors come back in under the grips? I'm assuming they must be a type of Bar Ends?
Yes, most of the bar-end mirrors can be mounted above OR below the grips, depending on your preference. Just remember, you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, most of the bar-end mirrors can be mounted above OR below the grips, depending on your preference. Just remember, you get what you pay for!
Thanks - with that in mind - do people have recommendations? The Arrows don't appear to be able to be mounted under, do people have recommendations for one's that can be?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks - with that in mind - do people have recommendations? The Arrows don't appear to be able to be mounted under, do people have recommendations for one's that can be?
I believe the CRG Arrows only have 2 positions, both folding outward. The CRG Arrow knockoffs I had didn't have the same limitation, but you don't really get enough glove clearance folding them inward (top or bottom mounted).

The Reverse Retro type work fine for folding them inward in the top mounted orientation. Issue with mounting them in the bottom orientation is that, depending on your handlebar/bar end/mirror rotation, the longer mirrors might hit the tank at full lock. At least, that's the case for my lower aftermarket handlebar. Probably will be fine with the stock handlebar though.

Edit: This is for the 1000. Not sure about the 750.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
110 Posts
How do you find these for splitting traffic compared to the standard mirrors? I find the standard are at the same height as vehicle mirrors.
I don’t ride anywhere where lane splitting is necessary (and for “longevity” in this world I don’t recommend it, at least not at anything but really slow speeds) but being able to flip them in comes in handy when parking somewhere close to other bikes or pulling into my garage around car, boat, and other bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don’t ride anywhere where lane splitting is necessary (and for “longevity” in this world I don’t recommend it, at least not at anything but really slow speeds) but being able to flip them in comes in handy when parking somewhere close to other bikes or pulling into my garage around car, boat, and other bikes.
My reference to lane splitting is purely at low speed on my way to and from work - where I can get to the front of the queue. Never at highspeed - much like yourself I'd rather avoid being a temporary Australian.

·
Registered
4 Posts
'Lanesplitter' Mirrors is a Misnomer

Lane-splitting is tight enough, adding 2-3" of clearance necessary on each side doesn't make much sense, to me....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bar end mirrors are terrible for splitting.
Not to mention their other fault, you cannot see shiz in them.
You can fold them inward. Visibility is still pretty good on my Rizoma Reverse Retro knockoffs that are a dime dozen.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had folding bar ends, they suck. You go right ahead spending your commute folding and unfolding your mirrors. Hey is that a police back there? I dunno my mirrors are tiny, convex and down at my fists. Is that car 3 ft away or 12? I dunno my mirrors are tiny, convex and down at my fists. God help you if your night vision isn't the best and you're, for some reason, out during dark.
They look cool, that's why we want them.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Bar end mirrors are terrible for splitting.
Not to mention their other fault, you cannot see shiz in them.
I disagree. I like the bar-ends. It cleans up the front field of view, and the ones I'm using have a convex shape which keeps the field of view very nice. I also like the folding capability, very occasionally for lane splitting, but mainly for parking my bike next to other stuff. They do take a little adjustment and they are not going to be quite as high res as large mirrors in your face, but I'll never go back (on my GSX anyway).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Plenty of bar end options. I bought $20 arrow crg knock offs from Ebay. Could never get them to work under the bars, my arm/wrist blocked the view but they work well on the outer and view is fine. Those who complain about view are old farts and need their optical prescription checked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts