GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! After expecting January 2023 delivery, the dealer phoned me and said bike has arrived and will be ready for pickup this week. Soooooo happy 😃.

However, there is a catch. The bike that’s arrived is the Reflective (Dark) Blue. So I’m going to keep my order active for the Triton Blue, spend 6 months riding the dark blue and sell it when the Triton Blue arrives. Not sure if that’s a good idea, but the alternative idea of waiting 6 months when there’s a bike right there is killing me. It seemed the only way to avoid losing my mind after the carrot of immediate delivery was dangled :oops:. I doubt I’ll care what colour it is when riding the twisties:cool:

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn’t do that personally I’d either 1 get dark blue and forget triton or wait for triton

I like the dark blue myself you might like it in person
I hope so. Either way, I don’t think I’ll lose out too much in 6 months. And I just can’t wait to ride the new bike. I’ve never had a new bike since I was 12 years old.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow! After expecting January 2023 delivery, the dealer phoned me and said bike has arrived and will be ready for pickup this week. Soooooo happy 😃.

However, there is a catch. The bike that’s arrived is the Reflective (Dark) Blue. So I’m going to keep my order active for the Triton Blue, spend 6 months riding the dark blue and sell it when the Triton Blue arrives. Not sure if that’s a good idea, but the alternative idea of waiting 6 months when there’s a bike right there is killing me. It seemed the only way to avoid losing my mind after the carrot of immediate delivery was dangled :oops:. I doubt I’ll care what colour it is when riding the twisties:cool:
This is interesting. My dealer expected June delivery...sales guy emailed the other day and said still no delivery/shipping date available yet, so thinking it won't be soon. But after your experience, I can't help but think I'll get the call saying "bike is here" any day now. We'll see...

·
Registered
720 Posts
This is interesting. My dealer expected June delivery...sales guy emailed the other day and said still no delivery/shipping date available yet, so thinking it won't be soon. But after your experience, I can't help but think I'll get the call saying "bike is here" any day now. We'll see...
That's basically how mine showed up...

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope so Bearr. I know the waiting is tough!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope so Bearr. I know the waiting is tough!
I am really glad to see some bikes are arriving, but it seems to be hit and miss for sure. Just got back from my dealer who says the Suzuki rep told him today that the GT they ordered last fall now has an expected delivery date of August... I have no idea if the GT they ordered was reassigned to somewhere else or if they just haven't made it yet. Perhaps like a few lucky people maybe the bike will show up unannounced and early , with Suzuki you never really know.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am really glad to see some bikes are arriving, but it seems to be hit and miss for sure. Just got back from my dealer who says the Suzuki rep told him today that the GT they ordered last fall now has an expected delivery date of August... I have no idea if the GT they ordered was reassigned to somewhere else or if they just haven't made it yet. Perhaps like a few lucky people maybe the bike will show up unannounced and early , with Suzuki you never really know.
Was that bike ordered for a specific customer, or was it just a bike the dealer ordered to sell?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer, now he is telling me my bike won't be in till July. :(

Apparently I did not order early enough to be part of the first batch (I ordered in December).

This is really upsetting, I wonder if there is anyone I can complain to, it seems they can just keep delaying my bike and I have no recourse. I am not upset with my dealer but at Suzuki for all these delays. They should at least offer me a discount to make up for this. I was told I'd have my bike in the spring, spring means March-May. Clearly they do not care about Canadians.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer, now he is telling me my bike won't be in till July. :(

Apparently I did not order early enough to be part of the first batch (I ordered in December).

This is really upsetting, I wonder if there is anyone I can complain to, it seems they can just keep delaying my bike and I have no recourse. I am not upset with my dealer but at Suzuki for all these delays. They should at least offer me a discount to make up for this. I was told I'd have my bike in the spring, spring means March-May. Clearly they do not care about Canadians.
Call Suzuki Canada...they are right in your backyard in Barrie Ont.
1-866-828-7252
But please don't mention my name. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've called that number before, and reached someone from suzuki's customer service department. They don't seem to be able or willing to do anything to speed up my order, they just tell me my order is coming and I have to wait longer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I've called that number before, and reached someone from suzuki's customer service department. They don't seem to be able or willing to do anything to speed up my order, they just tell me my order is coming and I have to wait longer.
I spoke to woman there about my bags and she said she would look into it….she called back an hour later and said the bags were being shipped the next day. All this while my dealer and there rep couldn’t give me any answers

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I spoke to woman there about my bags and she said she would look into it….she called back an hour later and said the bags were being shipped the next day. All this while my dealer and there rep couldn’t give me any answers
I dont think the dealer Suzuki reps even make any calls or anything, simply if they dont have an email in their box with info, they dont seem to care to do anything else. thats what I gathered, the guy literally ignored my stores text and calls

1 - 20 of 139 Posts