GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I spoke to woman there about my bags and she said she would look into it….she called back an hour later and said the bags were being shipped the next day. All this while my dealer and there rep couldn’t give me any answers
Well I don't know how you managed to do that, when I spoke to her (assuming it's the same woman) she wasn't able to help me other than tell me to keep waiting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will get my dealer to call Suzuki, he is all ready in a foul mood with Suzuki and is going to have a fit if Suzuki reallocated one of his bikes. They already cancelled 3 of the 2022 V-stroms he had ordered, apparently there is enough leftover 20 and 21's that Suzuki won't ship the new ones to high volume dealers like him until the old stock from other dealers are depleted.....

·
Registered
719 Posts
I will get my dealer to call Suzuki, he is all ready in a foul mood with Suzuki and is going to have a fit if Suzuki reallocated one of his bikes. They already cancelled 3 of the 2022 V-stroms he had ordered, apparently there is enough leftover 20 and 21's that Suzuki won't ship the new ones to high volume dealers like him until the old stock from other dealers are depleted.....
Where are you and who’s your dealer? My dealer told me the same thing about new vstroms being canceled. So it’s not just your guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where are you and who’s your dealer? My dealer told me the same thing about new vstroms being canceled. So it’s not just your guy
Kelowna....pretty large dealership here, he has two locations and sells every ktm/suzuki/kawasaki and Royal Enfield he can get his hands on...also quads,atv's and snowmobiles. He is an established multi-dealership and I sat and drank coffee with the owner for a couple hours waiting for the Rep to call back, he never did. I would hate to be a small Mom and Pop operation , Suzuki even ignores there larger dealerships when its convenient.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Kelowna....pretty large dealership here, he has two locations and sells every ktm/suzuki/kawasaki and Royal Enfield he can get his hands on...also quads,atv's and snowmobiles. He is an established multi-dealership and I sat and drank coffee with the owner for a couple hours waiting for the Rep to call back, he never did. I would hate to be a small Mom and Pop operation , Suzuki even ignores there larger dealerships when its convenient.
Valley Motorsports, he has been in business for years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Book says first 800km stay below 5500 rpm and next 800 (ie up to 1600km on the odometer) no more than 8,500 rpm.
Excellent!...hope you have some decent weather and get some miles on quick.
I am curious if you have a date of manufacture on the bike or if it is a low serial number like others on the forum who have had there bikes for awhile.
No one seems to know if Suzuki is slow to build the bikes or if there is a bunch of bikes that have been built but just not shipped due to the shipping/transportation mayhem that is plaguing the world right now. Hope you enjoy !

·
Registered
407 Posts
My dealer had said "June" delivery, but now he says he doesn't even know when it'll be here. Suzuki is no help, either.

Meanwhile, the economy is headed for a deep, dark hole. Wonder if my dealer will even survive the next 12-18 months. Local Yamaha dealer here just folded...no inventory, weak sales...

·
Registered
277 Posts
So happy for you and to be honest you look as if that bike was made for you and appear so comfortable on it. Sad about the rain but each time I have taken delivery of a new bike it always seems to rain but that's life. I thought you were getting the Triton Blue ? I have to admit the first one of your colour arrived about 2 weeks ago and it looked nice, much better in the flesh than any photo so the photos don't do it justice. Enjoy and be safe looking forward to catching up for a ride in the future once I end up with my Ninja although if I could have got the panniers it would have been the Suzuki GT love the Kawasaki 1000 Ninja SX, sometimes it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My dealer had said "June" delivery, but now he says he doesn't even know when it'll be here. Suzuki is no help, either.

Meanwhile, the economy is headed for a deep, dark hole. Wonder if my dealer will even survive the next 12-18 months. Local Yamaha dealer here just folded...no inventory, weak sales...
Part of me wonders if I made right choice dropping 15k on a bike I don’t need but wanted, but from what I am seeing, things are not going to get cheaper, so I will enjoy the fact I paid in cash upfront and just enjoy the smiles it gives me here and there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Part of me wonders if I made right choice dropping 15k on a bike I don’t need but wanted, but from what I am seeing, things are not going to get cheaper, so I will enjoy the fact I paid in cash upfront and just enjoy the smiles it gives me here and there.
I do agree and like a lot of us the bike will be more of a want than a need but hey who knows what is around the corner or how long we have on this earth, so enjoy every day and live life to the fullest. Don't worry about what we can not control.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I do agree and like a lot of us the bike will be more of a want than a need but hey who knows what is around the corner or how long we have on this earth, so enjoy every day and live life to the fullest. Don't worry about what we can not control.
So true. Keep challenging yourself, stay healthy and life will be good to you. I've tried to do that, and it's taking me to some amazing personal places. Bikes aren't rational purchases, so go with your soul, not your brain. If you want it, go for it...:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
So true. Keep challenging yourself, stay healthy and life will be good to you. I've tried to do that, and it's taking me to some amazing personal places. Bikes aren't rational purchases, so go with your soul, not your brain. If you want it, go for it...:)
BEARR, the one thing a bike does for me is allow me to de-stress and takes me to a happy place. I don't think or worry about anything while I ride but enjoy the moment and think about how wonderful life is. Especially when you consider the poor buggers in Ukraine and other poor countries without food, water etc. I feel blessed to be where I am, I am not wealthy but reasonably healthy and able to get around unlike a lot of others. I turn 68 in the next few days and live every min. of every day as if It might be my last. along with trying to be the best person I can be. I am not perfect but strive to be better than I am while respecting others' feelings etc.

·
Registered
407 Posts
BEARR, the one thing a bike does for me is allow me to de-stress and takes me to a happy place. I don't think or worry about anything while I ride but enjoy the moment and think about how wonderful life is. Especially when you consider the poor buggers in Ukraine and other poor countries without food, water etc. I feel blessed to be where I am, I am not wealthy but reasonably healthy and able to get around unlike a lot of others. I turn 68 in the next few days and live every min. of every day as if It might be my last. along with trying to be the best person I can be. I am not perfect but strive to be better than I am while respecting others' feelings etc.
Motorcycling puts you into a centered frame of mind, which eliminates stress, as you say. Same for flying. I flew for a number of years and while flying might seem a stressful activity to a lot of people (it did to me before I learned to fly), the act of flying requires a kind of focus that is also relevant to motorcycling. It takes you out of yourself, puts you smack into the middle of the moment and provides a release. My wife used to say I sounded 10 years younger after a flight...same with riding.

I'm 75, feel 45 and act 25. As for being the best person you can be...that's a real virtue. For me, it means finding beauty in nature and in the act of becoming one with it.

If one spends any time reflecting on what life really is (no, it's not what you see on TV), it's easy to appreciate what a mysterious miracle it is.

OK...enough existential ruminating. I wanna go ride... :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sadly I think Motorcycling is a dying thing. Older people yeah, majority of new people don’t even want licenses bc they can Uber or bus or bike or they want self driving cars now a days
I remember reading back in 2021 how Kawasaki is committed to electric or hybrid engines by 2030 and has been plowing lots of $$$ into [email protected], I know BMW are in a similar way of thinking due to the good old Euro emissions and pressures from governments etc. I think we will see a lot of changes in the next 10 to 15 years even earlier if I am still warm and above the ground that is lol. :unsure::censored::cool::rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 137 Posts