GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i also ride track days with stock suspension ( have adjust it ) but on high speed ( 2 -3 gear ) bike starts to shaking rear end , like ship swimming in ocean . it's very scary . did you have same problems with stock suspension ??
I also have this issue with stock suspension during a track day. Already max out the rear suspension setting but still feel like a small boat hit by an ocean wave. But with this ZX10 shock, it feels silky smooth when taking a highspeed corner.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My traction control light constantly flashed with the stock shock. Our riding group consists of group A riders, so very fast paced. Once I went to the R1 I don’t remember the last time I saw it flash. The rear grip is so much better along with the ride. I’m around 200lbs with gear.
With a good suspension and setup, you will able to keep up with another fast ride on the track. For most of my daily ride, I turn off the traction control. :giggle: I never turn on the traction control during a track day. At first, I plan to swap with R1 shock but require cutting the subframe. Then I found out in this forum that the ZX10 shock will fit our bike and require changing the shock linkage to get the same factory seat height. The problem is, need to custom made the linkage or buy it online. The machine shop ask around $800USD to made the linkage o_O and the online seller did not ship to my country :mad:. So i start doing research with GSXR linkage. Go to the showroom and measure the length and bolt size. Everything is perfect and this is the result.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also have this issue with stock suspension during a track day. Already max out the rear suspension setting but still feel like a small boat hit by an ocean wave. But with this ZX10 shock, it feels silky smooth when taking a highspeed corner.
did you think about making custom lower mount for this shock ,then you will not need washers for linkage mount , and stock bolt will fit with no problem .( sorry for my english )

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
did you think about making custom lower mount for this shock ,then you will not need washers for linkage mount , and stock bolt will fit with no problem .( sorry for my english )
You need to use the washer or can try to find a long spacer for the ZX10 and replace the original ZX10 shock spacer. Our original shock size is 36mm but the ZX10 is 39mm. Next thing is to replace all the bolts and nuts. The dimension is 1x70mm for the shock and 2x75mm for the linkage.
IMG_20210131_103933.jpg
IMG_20210131_103836.jpg
IMG_20210131_145144.jpg
IMG_20210206_101822.jpg
IMG_20210206_102047.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need to use the washer or can try to find a long spacer for the ZX10 and replace the original ZX10 shock spacer. Our original shock size is 36mm but the ZX10 is 39mm. Next thing is to replace all the bolts and nuts. The dimension is 1x70mm for the shock and 2x75mm for the linkage
View attachment 45510 View attachment 45511 View attachment 45513 View attachment 45514 View attachment 45515
Thank you very much for info . if i don't sell my bike this summer , will do this upgrade .

21 - 25 of 25 Posts