GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to trade in my 2015 GSR750 for something different and suitable for some touring. I had a test ride on the f version on Saturday and to say it scared the ****e out of me would be an understatement. It is by far the fastest and quickest responding bike I have ever ridden, it just want you to go fast all the time. I'm not sure if it is too fast for me, I know I am in control but the reaction of the throttle is just immense. At 50 yrs of age I think it may be just a little to much for me but it's still on the cards if I cannot find anything different.

I have looked for some hard luggage for it but I cannot find anything anywhere. Does anyone know of any companies that do any panniers for this bike?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can't see it as a tourer if I am honest. Love riding it and have done 2k miles in the couple of months I have owned it but it would be a sacrilege to fit it with hard luggage!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would mainly use it as a weekend toy but once a year I like to about a 10 day tour around Europe. I did 1700 miles in 7 days on my GSR750, although it was good I just wanted that little bit more. i looked at the Yamaha fj-09 but with a inside leg of 27" I could not touch the floor so that was out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I want to trade in my 2015 GSR750 for something different and suitable for some touring. I had a test ride on the f version on Saturday and to say it scared the ****e out of me would be an understatement. It is by far the fastest and quickest responding bike I have ever ridden, it just want you to go fast all the time. I'm not sure if it is too fast for me, I know I am in control but the reaction of the throttle is just immense. At 50 yrs of age I think it may be just a little to much for me but it's still on the cards if I cannot find anything different.

I have looked for some hard luggage for it but I cannot find anything anywhere. Does anyone know of any companies that do any panniers for this bike?
The best luggage options I could find so far are these: by motorbike - SUZUKI - GSX-S 1000 - SW-MOTECH

A couple guys I ride with use Safe saddlebags BLAZE® for Suzuki GSX-S 1000F, by SW-MOTECH.

One has a 2012 Kawasaki Z1000 and the other has a 2014 Ducati Diavel. The bags are bike specific, but work really well on both bikes. Easy to fit and very secure.

EDIT: I should add, this is all soft luggage.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thumbs up from me on the Blaze saddlebags, have a set myself and have found them to be a good secure fit and suitable for trips away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best luggage options I could find so far are these: by motorbike - SUZUKI - GSX-S 1000 - SW-MOTECH

A couple guys I ride with use Safe saddlebags BLAZE® for Suzuki GSX-S 1000F, by SW-MOTECH.

One has a 2012 Kawasaki Z1000 and the other has a 2014 Ducati Diavel. The bags are bike specific, but work really well on both bikes. Easy to fit and very secure.

EDIT: I should add, this is all soft luggage.

Thanks for these links, they look exactly what I had in mind. They suite the bike very well and at an affordable price.

Really appreciate the link

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for these links, they look exactly what I had in mind. They suite the bike very well and at an affordable price.

Really appreciate the link
Not a problem :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
At 50 yrs of age I think it may be just a little to much for me but it's still on the cards if I cannot find anything different.
At 50 yrs of age I think you are in the perfect situation were you can enjoy this bike using the right quantity of brain ;)

Can't see it as a tourer if I am honest. Love riding it and have done 2k miles in the couple of months I have owned it but it would be a sacrilege to fit it with hard luggage!
I can see it as a tourer.....but I can't see it with any type of luggage... So I have done a right choise: NO luggage...YES friends with luggage! >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
45, Looking for first bike EVER

So Im debating between the 1000F and the Ninja 1000. All reviews say the GSXS the most comfortable of the two but that could be the difference in a new seat. Any whose sat on care to weigh in. Mainly I'm looking for leg position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts