GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Went from 142BHP to 152BHP bike is standard, but has a decat
As the fuelling was so bad, he needed the bike for 2 days.
Had the flash done at junction33 Dyno, Galgate near Lancaster NW UK £350

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
With just the decat I had a lot of uneven running especially at a steady throttle, that is now gone.
I had a smart tre fitted, which gave a great boost between 4-7K, about 7bhp
Junction33 took the tre out, so I lost the 7bhp but gained 10bhp, so its hard to notice a midrange boost, but the top end rush is.......amazing :)
I have also lost the anti stall, when you let the clutch out the engine revs rise....must be part of the flash?
Happy I had it done :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the anti-stall is like that from the factory. On my bike I can take off from a stop with my hand off the throttle completely because as you release the clutch the bike gives you a little revs to get going. I also remember this being covered in reviews i have read on the bike

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think the anti-stall is like that from the factory. On my bike I can take off from a stop with my hand off the throttle completely because as you release the clutch the bike gives you a little revs to get going. I also remember this being covered in reviews i have read on the bike
I was fairly confused when i first noticed this. As a matter of clutch control, I occasionally practice throttle-less takeoffs. But it wasn't until one day bored at a stoplight that I actually noticed the revs increasing as I let it out. Went to google to figure out what the **** was going on. Literally a feature not a bug.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the anti stall feature, for the extra noise at lights, as I have a decat the bike has a great exhaust note, its now gone, maybe cos the tickover is now set at 1200rpm and not the standard 1000rpm

·
Registered
305 Posts
Runfile_075. He certainly did a lot of runs. :)
Did they tune at "cruise", partial throttle opening also?

Did you get some details of the tune, like did they add/substract fuel on high rpms at 100% TPS?

Just curious..

·
Registered
719 Posts
do not mean to hijack your thread at all but I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows of someone in Florida who flashes with Woolich. There are a couple that use Flashtune but short of me randomly calling its hard to tell by website alone.....I think Mob cycles in Miami might but Im hoping to find someone closer to central florida.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
do not mean to hijack your thread at all but I was wondering if anyone on the forum knows of someone in Florida who flashes with Woolich. There are a couple that use Flashtune but short of me randomly calling its hard to tell by website alone.....I think Mob cycles in Miami might but Im hoping to find someone closer to central florida.
how you holding up with the hurricane

·
Registered
719 Posts
how you holding up with the hurricane
so far so good...my brother lost power down in Fort Lauderdale about 5am but he has an automatic generator with a weeks worth of fuel and a new steel roof. My father's house will be another issue....He lives off MacArthur Causeway on one of those Islands in south beach.

Winds should start hitting orlando in about 2 hours.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Went from 142BHP to 152BHP bike is standard, but has a decat
As the fuelling was so bad, he needed the bike for 2 days.

Had the flash done at junction33 Dyno, Galgate near Lancaster NW UK £350
What year is your bike? I've got a 17plate al8 and apparently Woolwich have not released the lead/interface to connect to my ecu.... So am playing the waiting game as I really want the ecu flash done.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What year is your bike? I've got a 17plate al8 and apparently Woolwich have not released the lead/interface to connect to my ecu.... So am playing the waiting game as I really want the ecu flash done.
AFAIK it is the same ECU for all years, only the label/partnumber (and bin-file inside) that may differ.
It is exactly the same physical ECU used in BKing/Gen2-busa.
I guess Suzuki had a bunch of surplus ECU's to be used for this model >:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
They told me I had to keep checking the web site. Nothing yet. Quote: the 2017 features will undoubtedly be added to as the bike kits are still under development. Keep an eye on the website and you should see more features added soon along with the products to flash this bike. It's been changed a fair bit by Suzuki (ECU Plugs, EURO 4 etc) so the 16 kit does not directly fit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Runfile_075. He certainly did a lot of runs. :)
Did they tune at "cruise", partial throttle opening also?

Did you get some details of the tune, like did they add/substract fuel on high rpms at 100% TPS?

Just curious..
No, he did say he got the A/F down to about 13.7 ? it was up near 16
I do have all the charts 20% 40% etc if thats any help?
its a 2016 F model

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Things the tuner did, just copied this from the junction33 dyno fb page.
"Suzuki GSX-S 1000F ECU Remap Dyno Run.
This is to show not only the very good power increase due to the as received fuelling being pants!
Also to show how smooth the bike is now that its fuelling and ignition timing is correct also had a play with secondary throttle plate maps, rev limit raised, O2 sensor disconnected and switched off, Fuel cut on Deceleration switched off and AIS blocked off."

·
Registered
305 Posts
No, he did say he got the A/F down to about 13.7 ? it was up near 16
I do have all the charts 20% 40% etc if thats any help?
its a 2016 F model
Thanks for sharing/uploading pics. :)

Strange to see AFR all the way up to 16 in some areas (rpm/tps).

In my logs I see *much* richer AFR (50-100% TPS), sometimes in the 11's.

With "free flowing" Arrows(decat), Mivv Edge + airbox "mod" the logs shows this (not touced the TPS tables yet).

Edit:
Disregard some values as I have not filtered out "bogus" values (transition to fuel cut conditions).

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
They told me I had to keep checking the web site. Nothing yet. Quote: the 2017 features will undoubtedly be added to as the bike kits are still under development. Keep an eye on the website and you should see more features added soon along with the products to flash this bike. It's been changed a fair bit by Suzuki (ECU Plugs, EURO 4 etc) so the 16 kit does not directly fit.
Interesting! :eek:
Looking forward to find out if it is a more "upgraded" ECU installed on the bike.
I wish Suzuki could re-instate pins for CPS and remove that silly logic for "calcluating combustion cycle" from the two AP sensors.
But I guess the price reflects the cost cut here.
I see no reason to not use the same ECU as in the new GSXR model.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well that didnt last long, A guy did a sudden U turn in front of me last night front end smashed in and Im badly bruised as I must have gone airborn over the top of the car and landed on my head as the helmet is badly bashed. wil wait and see if the bike is repairable or not. Thanks to Geoff Madden ( Asbo Exhausts at Pilling) for coming out and recovering my bike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts