GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice Indian Gentleman decided to do a U turn on me after he left the mosque.
His friend pulled out in the first car and got into the right lane on the dual carriageway and did a U turn, I was following the second car, expecting him to do the same I hung back, but he stayed in the left lane doing 25mph, So I sped up to overtake and almost as I was along side him......U turn!
I went over the top of the car and looking at my helmet I landed on my head, so I have a very sore neck and wrists, my man bits are also very swollen and have now gone completely black.I hope they dont drop off
Had a call today the 3rd party has admitted his fault, phew.
claiming personal injury and bike gear, should also get a loan bike...hhhmmm wonder what it will be...MT10, 1290 Duke ?? bet its a Versys 1000

[/url]IMG_20171015_191904 by ricknsue_69, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_20171015_191011 by ricknsue_69, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_20171015_190429 by ricknsue_69, on Flickr[/IMG]
My fav helmet got a big dent in it
[/url]IMG_20171015_194148 by ricknsue_69, on Flickr[/IMG]

His car
[/url]IMG_20171015_190420 by ricknsue_69, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.Its being collected by the insurance company Thursday and they will drop off a loan bike.
Just spoke to the garage where it is stored, the forks go up and down ok, so they dont think they are bent, there is however a scuff on the bottom of the fork and they say this may be enough to write it off, also the front axle bobbin is missing, so it did its job, lol
I just need to pop down tomorow, and remove the givi rack and R&G case protectors if they are un scratched.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thank God you are able to write about it. Hope you're back to normal soon.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Jeez!
Lucky you got away as likely as you did. That bike looks a wreck! Glad to hear they've admitted liability and they've actually got some insurance.
Hope you mend well and nothing drops off ;-)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Already thinking another GSXS but naked or B-King or K1300R. Thinking not new but second hand around £7K or less

·
Registered
437 Posts
Glad your ok, bet you want the pain to go but the swelling to remain ;-)

·
Registered
261 Posts
That looks terrible, your guardian angel did his job on that day cause from the looks of it you also could have been totaled. Heal swiftly and ride safe!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Aren't you glad you had your helmet on? Glad you're safe!

That bike is a mess, totaled for sure, I would think.
Glad I didnt have a half face helmet on like some people insist on wearing, would only have half a face and life changing injuries.
The right side frame slider is smashed, and the fork bung is smashed off, where the fork bung smashed off it left a deep scuff on the bottom the fork, thats probably enough to write it off, they pick it up tomorrow, and drop off a loan bike, wonder what it will be, they mentioned GSR750, Street Triple, Suzuki V-Strom 1000 or......a Honda NC750, lucky dip I guess.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi R1KSU,
Are you really in a fit state to ride the loaner ?
You are very lucky for not to be run over, if the Dopey Driver pulled back from the U turn. I'll bet there was some in car distraction for the Driver as it's not excusable not to see a motorbike from the rear and later alongside. For your black nuts, we all can sympathise can't we Boy's ?
Your loaner hopefully doesn't have big 'at fault' excess hanging over it - that's why I am concerned that your bent body may not be up to it for a few weeks of recovering, even though you may have only the bike for your transport. You could be real lucky and get a VFR1200F again.
Your GSXS F could pass for a Naked now; from those pictures, nobody would know now.
Heal quick and rest as best as you can Mate.

Rob.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ouch! Hope you feel better.
Just out of curiosity, does motorcycle insurance cover the helmet? Some of you are rocking $700 helmets and it is often considered a piece of required safety gear.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sorry to see this and I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Are the police going to prosecute? Not only did he make the U turn without making sure it's clear, he also did it right under a U turn prohibited sign! Surely a case for 'driving without due care and attention' maybe even 'dangerous driving'?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts