GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, has anybody fitted hand guards at all? If so please share. I like the look of some that i have seen on the bykebits website for bmw, but non are listed or the gsxs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi guys, has anybody fitted hand guards at all? If so please share. I like the look of some that i have seen on the bykebits website for bmw, but non are listed or the gsxs.
Hi Bob,
I had Acerbis street guards on my Street Triple as I didn't have heated grips. They were reasonably effective down to around freezing level but fingers still got too cold on a long run. Just before I sold the Triple and bought the GSX, I bought some Gerbing G3 heated gloves. No hassle to connect and keep my whole hands warm. Roughly the same price as the guards so won't be fitting guards to the Suzuki when winter comes!

Doesn't really answer your question but that was my alternative :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Geoff, im hoping the weather over here will improve soon and il probably be able to manage without heated gloves until november time. Iv been looking on the acerbis website and they do a couple of models with integratex lights that look pretty cool.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bob,
I've used some hand guards & I think they were Bark busters Blizzard They are made of what appears to be heavy nylon & so are more flexible than the plastic ones. I find they work very well as they really reduce the wind chill factor, as that is the killer on a bike. I tried heated grips prior to this but was unimpressed as once you get a move on they don't seem to work, & the back of your hand takes all the wind anyhow. Now I fit the hand guards for winter & bring out the Gerbing gloves when it is is very cold, as Geoff says they work well. The guards are the cheapest most effective thing i've found so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've fitted acerbic hand guards to my GXS S plus with the Oxford sport heated grips my hands stay really warm
There are a few options from acerbic on their website. Which one did you purchase? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hand guards

Gents will try and get back to you with some info on the guards and possibly a picture,
But I did get them of me mate had taken the off his street triple when he sold it

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hand guards

I've fitted acerbic hand guards to my GXS S plus with the Oxford sport heated grips my hands stay really warm
Saw these fitted to a Honda VFR earlier, they just bolt onto the bar end fixing but didnt look too big or cumbersome, fit and remove in 5 minutes I am thinking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts