GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'm getting tingling and numb hands from riding more than 20 minutes on my katana.
I am trying to change my wrist position so it is less "inverted prayer position" and more "normal prayer", if that makes sense.
I believe that my median nerve is getting compressed.
Joint Shoulder Muscle Mouth Neck

Anyone fitted or considered fitting different bars to their Kat?
Will Renthal Fat Low bars fit?

Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes you can change bars. You don't have to stick to Renthal unless you want too, of course. Just find one that suits. I tool my bike to the shop and they let me take a few bars out to the car park so I could make a informed decision on what ones suited best.

Another thing to point out - vibrations can cause numbness/tingling. More weight in the bar end will adjust the amount of vibration. I run hand guards which reduce vibes for me. You could put lead in your bars ends, it does the same thing.

I would also make sure your elbows are bend (and loose) when you are riding. Let you shoulders relax and your elbows hang. If you have straight arms, it could contribute.
Hope you fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. I've ordered foam ***** grips for the grips. Next step was also hvmt weighted bar ends. Just need to weigh the stock ones to see what they weigh.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I get the same tingling and numbness in my right hand with the factory bars, so I recently switched them out for a set of Renthal Fatbar Street Low bars. They're much better, but still not perfect. I still get the discomfort, but it takes about twice as long as it did with the original bars. I may try another option in the near future, just not sure exactly what I'll try this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts