GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tryed to change handlebar (a little bit high and wide) but the clutch cable is too short...maybe riser will work.
I'd like a wider handlebar

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use the Rox risers on my Street Triple and am considering using them on my GSXS1000 F. I believe they make 3 sizes adding as much as 2". Very simple to install. Pretty happy with them
Bemil

·
Registered
184 Posts
Haven't tried that myself. But mine is only a 20mm rise and Is already at the limit with the throttle cable. It is in a high tension and sticks when the handlebar is not set between 0 - 2. Probably resolvable if I grind off the throttle housing positioning pin. Another user here tried to add a slightly higher set of fatbars but it didn't work for him. I can't imagine 2" rise working without longer cables.
Has anyone tried the Rox 2" pivoting riser to see if it works with cables?
Part # is 1R-P2PPK

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haven't tried that myself. But mine is only a 20mm rise and Is already at the limit with the throttle cable. It is in a high tension and sticks when the handlebar is not set between 0 - 2. Probably resolvable if I grind off the throttle housing positioning pin. Another user here tried to add a slightly higher set of fatbars but it didn't work for him. I can't imagine 2" rise working without longer cables.
Thanks for confirming!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone have a part number on the SW-Motech, trying to hunt one down. Would like an inch riser, or any riser that doesn't require new cables.

Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts