GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experimented with either rotating the stock handlebars aft a bit or changing them out? I love everything about the bike but my upper back / shoulders start to burn after only about 20-30 mins on the bike. I’m wondering if it’s the seating position and the forward handlebar position?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If your upper back and shoulders are burning maybe you're leaning on the bars? Try holding on to the bike with your legs and holding you're body up with with your torso. I good way to check if you have the weight off your arms is to try and flap your elbows while riding ie "do the funky chicken". This is something I learned from Keith Codes "A twist of the wrist". Well worth a read and or watch. The video can be a little cheesy in parts though lol. Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Rotating the bars back (or forward) is an easy experiment. The bars have marks so you can always get them back to where they feel best.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This maynot be the answer you’re looking for,but, my 56 year old back had the exact same issues. I had risers on my street triple which gave me an extra 15-20 minutes before the pain set in. The answer was exercising my shoulders, upper back, mid back. I can now go w for hours with no pain. If you’re interested I’ll post exercises later. Let me know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This maynot be the answer you’re looking for,but, my 56 year old back had the exact same issues. I had risers on my street triple which gave me an extra 15-20 minutes before the pain set in. The answer was exercising my shoulders, upper back, mid back. I can now go w for hours with no pain. If you’re interested I’ll post exercises later. Let me know.
Absolutely. I’ll take whatever suggestions I can get. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks gents. I appreciate the input. I’ll try and not put so much weight on my arms and see if I can stretch a bit more before I ride.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I repostioned the bars and it is much better.

Loosen up the clamps and rotate the bars back as much as you can, but leaving enough space that they don't hit the tank on full side to side lock. Try it

D

·
0 Posts
I’m not a big guy 5’7 and I rolled my forward ever so slightly and it’s made a world of difference It was really amazing! the bike is way more comfortable for me and my wrists and shoulders weren’t nearly as loaded Plus now that I can bend my arms that tiny bit more I’m able to flick the bike a lot easier so it’s definitely been positive

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m not a big guy 5’7 and I rolled my forward ever so slightly and it’s made a world of difference It was really amazing! the bike is way more comfortable for me and my wrists and shoulders weren’t nearly as loaded Plus now that I can bend my arms that tiny bit more I’m able to flick the bike a lot easier so it’s definitely been positive
I’m messing with the handlebars now and if I move it aft my throttle cable becomes too tight when I turn my bars to the right. I can loosen the cable tension but then with the bars straight I’ve got a gob of throttle free play (I like my throttle tight with almost no free play). I looked in the service manual and it doesn’t look like there is a second adjustment for throttle free play down on the engine so I think I may just have to adjust the bars as far aft as my cables will allow. Also the throttle tube has a pin or nub that fits into a hole on the handlebars so I can’t rotate the throttle tube forward to compensate for adjusting the bars. It does feel MUCH better with the bars rotated aft just sitting on the bike. Much more comfortable in my opinion. I’ll keep fiddling around. May just have to find a happy medium between forward and aft bar positions. PS, I’m 5’11” and 165 lbs for reference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 Suzuki GSX S750 Handlebar Riser

Hey guys!

I have booked a 2019 Suzuki GSX S750 in the white color and am a little unhappy with the riding position that the stock bars offer.

It's sporty to an extent and I'd prefer it to be a little more upright.

Found this German company that specializes in bar-risers and they have 3 products for the S750: https://voigt-mt.de/Suzuki-GSX-S-750_3

Could someone please guide me as to whether these would be a straight fit without any of the cabling getting affected? (3 variations are available - 22mm riser, 30mm riser and 30mm riser with a 21mm offset)

Has anyone tried fitting a bar riser on the S750 - if yes, please suggest the part and any lessons learnt.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts