GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm In Maryland, just picked up the bike-1000F ABS a few days ago. It's been 10 years since I've had a liter bike and the electronic assistance on the bike works well. The traction control can really tame the power delivery and even with my ham-handed touch it's easy going.

I'm really impressed with the balance of the bike, it's super easy to ride fast. Hoping to keep my license clean for a while........

Did the first oil change at 250 miles without dropping the faring, IMO no need to.

I looked at the FZ9 and Ninja1000 before deciding on the Gsxs. Really impressed with the motor: Suzuki using 44 mm throttle bodies instead of something in the high 30 range to enhance torque at the expense of top end surge like most other nakeds. I think the bike has 10-15 more hp just waiting to be unlocked.

To me this bike is spot on; the brakes and forks are good and the engine just belts out torque. I'm totally infatuated with the bike down to asking the old lady to wear the blue panties.....

Hoping for warm dry days as December closes in on the mid-Atlantic...

Peace

·
Registered
222 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving from Texas!

On the oil change - how did you get to the filter? Looks like it is buried behind exhaust pipes and fairings???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts