GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if others are have this issue. When cold I have to hit the starter 4-5 times before the engine will stay running.It will cat for a second or so then die. I've never had a fuel injected bike that's this stubborn to run. FWIW I have 200 KM on her and fresh fuel hasn't helped.:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like you have a problem with your bike, in fact Im so impressed on how easy these bikes start you barely have to hold the bottom down and the bike starts right up .

·
Registered
364 Posts
It sounds like you have a problem with your bike, in fact Im so impressed on how easy these bikes start you barely have to hold the bottom down and the bike starts right up .
You don't need to hold the button down at all, just one press and it'll fire up. It has one touch easy start system. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was just going to say that Lee. I don't think everyone knows that. Press the button once and the bike will automatically crank until it starts. No need to hold the button. But Tony is right. I don't even think all 4 cylinders crank before mine starts. It think mine starts on the first cylinder fire.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My FZ-09 did that. Turn key on, hit the starter button and it would crank and almost run and then die. 2nd time, fired right up. It seemed to sort itself out..but if it does it 4-5 times you may want to get it checked out. Report back with your findings if you do.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No fueling upgrades,Rod. Only thing l've added,thus far,is Pazzo levers
. My buddy owns the Suzuki dealership so i'll have him check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts