GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to order a new caliper as the rear bolt cross threaded even after pulling the bolt in by hand first before tight in down this made the brakes stick on as the caliper cannot more freely .so please be careful with all bolts

·
Registered
333 Posts
You did ? or workshop?
sound strange

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just had to order a new caliper as the rear bolt cross threaded even after pulling the bolt in by hand first before tight in down this made the brakes stick on as the caliper cannot more freely .so please be careful with all bolts
You could of just got a helicoil kit & inserted a new thread. Very strange that you have had problems with the caliper as this is the same one that was fitted to one of my Fireblades, I had that bike for 10 years & used to take the pads out at least twice a year to deglaze pads, never had any problems.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You did ? or workshop?
sound strange
Never had a problem before I clean the piston pads over Xmas no problem just this time around it threaded the cask of the caliper sent it in to my workshop and he tried to fix it rethread but no luck the pin keeps going off so locking the caliper even he said in goes in right for the first couple of turns but then it all goes wrong

·
Registered
333 Posts
U can get also A used gsx-r caliper out of ebay ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Was going to buy a gsxr caliper from brembo but was told the calipers are different by brembo so would need to make a cradle for it to fit and no brembo are not going to be making one soon
Martin, Rear caliper is made by Nissin not Brembo, lots of bikes use this rear caliper, As Ghostrider pointed out lots on ebay.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been looking at some of the Nissin rear calipers for sale on Ebay & it seems that they are not all the same, ones fitted to Yamaha & other Suzuki the brake pipe & bleed nipple position are switched. But the ones that were fitted to Fireblades & some other Hondas look the same as ours. I think you would have to have a look at them at a breakers to be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts