GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have been looking hard at a GSX-S1000 for a few months. I currently have a Yamaha Stratoliner cruiser. Probably will keep it for rides with my cruiser buddies, but I miss having a lighter bike to ride around town. I have read a lot about the throttle issues with the Suzuki. I see people using PCV's, but has anyone tried a different tuner like one of the many made by Dobeck under different names. Holeshot performance has some good info on the Gixxes was wondering if anyone has tried his tuner or other products.

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My understanding is that the dobeck fueling module was designed by the same guy who originally designed the power commander......the device itself seems a little simple. I dont believe it is able to subtract fuel.

If im wring on the above please feel free to correct me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dobeck Gen 3.5 tuners can indeed subtract fuel. I have a Wiseco labeled dobeck on my Stratoliner it is a Gen 3 and cannot subtract fuel. The tuner for the GSX1000/f is a Gen 3.5 and does subtract. They are super easy to install and set-up. I was wondering if it corrected the throttle snatch on the GSX-S. I'm about to pull the trigger on a GSX....just trying to decide on going nekkid or faired. The prices are getting so good on these bikes its hard to NOT buy one!

There are some dealers selling naked versions for the same price of a new FZ-07 abs!!! Ummm, Ill take the Gixxes please :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts