GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not surprising, the one I bought in georgia last month had been sitting in the crate for 500 days.
OTD price was $7971 ( T&T not included, out of state sale ).

They can't make a living like that.

Oh well the Katana is just a GSXS in new clothes, I could like it with no fairing and a headlight:|

·
Registered
260 Posts
It sounds like sales are generally down world-wide, so maybe Suzuki is going lean for a while?

I will add that Suzuki has a tendency to drop certain bikes from its lineup, then reintroduce them again later. So not all is lost (yet). The DR-Z400SM and variants of the V-Strom come to mind. There are others but these bikes tend to be on my radar year-to-year.

It's no secret the GSX-S isn't selling well (at least in North America), so I'm not super surprised. It seems like they're banking on the Katana to get some ROI for that platform, though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I’m heart broken, I love my GSXS It sounds like the MT-10 won the war

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not surprising, the one I bought in georgia last month had been sitting in the crate for 500 days.
OTD price was $7971 ( T&T not included, out of state sale ).

They can't make a living like that.

Oh well the Katana is just a GSXS in new clothes, I could like it with no fairing and a headlight:|
I totally agree.......the reality is they have not sold well. They languish in dealers showrooms for years....My was a 2016 left over, heavily discounted. It sat there for over two years.

......but the GSX S1000 line still lives on....it is the Katana,..a GSX S1000 with a slightly different looks....something like the SV650 morphed into the Gladius(..and went back into being a SV650 again)

.....in any case, as long as the GSXR 1000 is there, Suzuki could at any time bring back a newer version with little investment,...perphas with a different name.....if the market warrants it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
One thing that I liked about the GSX-S was it's low seat height in relation to other sport nakeds. The Katana would be a tough sell for me on that alone.

Reactions: My Name Is Jeff

·
Registered
221 Posts
That was quick of Suzuki!

·
Registered
584 Posts
So...I now have a classic and rare bike? Woohoo! It's going to be worth a fortune in a few years when people realize what an awesome machine it was. Maybe I should quit riding it and 'preserve' those D204 tires for the future owner who is going to pay me big bucks to get such a jewel of a machine? Please advise...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sad if true...glad I have my 2016 and hope it is just a skip-year for S1 this year and she returns. No hiding from the sales numbers though. Do not think I have passed another on the road to date.

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don't understand how Suzuki continues to shoot themselves in the foot like this. It's pretty well known that a lot of the bikes out there that have had the throttle snatch issue were out of calibration on the TPS. It's one thing for Suzuki to allow bikes to hit the showroom floor with that issue, but if you watched well known reviewers online and read well known reviews, they were handed bikes with the throttle snatch issue and they all commented on it. Most anyone thinking about the bike but not digging too deep will come across these reviews and pass on the bike. Why would you not hand a perfect bike to a reviewer?

Add on to that, Suzuki hasn't invested in getting this bike known out there like other manufacturers, such as Yamaha, and of course the bikes will languish on the showroom floors and require being sold for far less. Heck, the Katana already has more media push than the GSX-S ever had.

Suzuki, you make fantastic motorcycles, but you really don't know how to market anything but the ready to race bikes.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
i dont mind... every cool bike ive owned threw the years isnt made anymore ...hope im still around when someone ask whats that..my favorite
being 85 1150e always wished i kept it...when i sat on the s reminded me of the e and not letting this baby go........the s is for guys who never had great suspension on older bikes and was never an issue or the smoothest throttle,,,we didnt cry about it...we couldent wait to ride the next day ...as long as its dependable and had power............its a roadster hotrod that ride and feels like one......but NNNNOOOOOOO crying crying crying my rides to hard to soft ......throttle scares me it twitchy ...nothing like twitchy to remind you your on a machine that can end your life...keeps you sharp ,like the feeling of the first time riding a bike with power....suzuki this bike is perfect....and im sure my 16 has all the problems people cry about......its a machine you learn to master over time its gets smoother and better because the owner gets smoother and better......so go away, buy something else now join another forum,,,,,or just ride and be grateful for what you have

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Katana is fugly IMO. I bet they bring back a "redesigned" GSXS in the future.

I'm OK with having a unique-ish bike. Sure, parts and mods might be a little harder to find, but I kinda' like being the only GSXS rider in our group. It's better than being the 4th or 5th Ninja rider in the group. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It sounds like sales are generally down world-wide, so maybe Suzuki is going lean for a while?

I will add that Suzuki has a tendency to drop certain bikes from its lineup, then reintroduce them again later. So not all is lost (yet). The DR-Z400SM and variants of the V-Strom come to mind. There are others but these bikes tend to be on my radar year-to-year.

It's no secret the GSX-S isn't selling well (at least in North America), so I'm not super surprised. It seems like they're banking on the Katana to get some ROI for that platform, though.
But they haven't dropped the M109 which probably sells even less.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Other than the smaller gas tank, the new Katana seems like a worthy successor. The blacked out one looks awesome.

I don't really see the point in having 3 bikes using the same chassis though so I could see why they would drop ours. Also asthetics wise, the naked with its anime lightning bolts and the F with its angry birds beak didn't attract a mainstream crowd. Shame because our 1000 has so much else going for it in terms of engine and value. And if only Suzuki would step up their headlight game...

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Thanks for the link Broncs.
Perhaps the 1000 Z & F lives, but with a new designed format that is not ready to be divulged yet. The bird front screen design perhaps could morph into something with MORE appeal.
I am surprised the Hayabusa still lives on, same for the GSX-R 600 & 750.

A new front on the F derived from GSX-R or back to a Sports Tourer Bandit faired shape (with a proper screen) as a US 2021 release to allow stock of the present unsold 1000F stock to move on over a full years absence from the US Market ?
That doesn't mean any other World Market will loose their F of course.
So much for the Turbo 600 hype of years past when Suzuki had no new product heh?

The news had a line on the 750 Z getting a larger airbox and new headlight, but not included was the non Z variant.
Surely that would not happen, it wouldn't make sense unless the Z was to go up in price with better running gear (no mention of that) ?

Rob.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts