GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
How often do you ride at night ?
I was out last night in the pitch black. Headlight was every bit as good as my Merc with bi xenon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok why not I was just hoping someone else may have already done it and know if it fits in the headlight cowling

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
You guys want to check your alignment. I'll bet you're blinding oncoming cars and will need to adjust the beam downward. It's all to do with the relationship of the filament to the reflector (which is now significantly different to the original design).

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've just fitted these, from Ebay, as they give a whiter light without the hassle of going HID, all for less than £6:00 for 2 bulbs. Yet to be tried out in the dark yet though. :)
You have to be really careful with eBay bulbs which are not major known brands. A riding partner bought some for his Hayabusa and they were worse than standard. Bulbs like Osram Nightbreakers or the ones I use, Ring Automotive Xenon +130 are really good. I do a lot of riding in unlit country areas and can vouch for both brands.

·
Registered
204 Posts
just a quick note and i have said this before on another post but just fitting a HID bulb into a standard headlight without the projector to go with it is not legal in most countries. I have fitted the full HID and projectors with red demon eyes and white angel eyes to the "F" model. I can say the lighting on my bike after the MOD is perfect and is 100% better than the stock setup and as an added bonus both lights are on with dip headlight rather than the standard one light so it looks better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5mqtJb-Ntw

·
Registered
118 Posts
just a quick note and i have said this before on another post but just fitting a HID bulb into a standard headlight without the projector to go with it is not legal in most countries. I have fitted the full HID and projectors with red demon eyes and white angel eyes to the "F" model. I can say the lighting on my bike after the MOD is perfect and is 100% better than the stock setup and as an added bonus both lights are on with dip headlight rather than the standard one light so it looks better.

can you link us the red eyes and everything that you purchased for the lightning ?

thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts

How did you manage to get both lights to work ? Is it just a matter of changing a bulb to a twin element bulb ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts