GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently doing some research into the the HealTech Electronics Ltd. - OBD Tool
with a view to getting myself one. Having rebuilt a couple of bikes ( 03 Bandit and 08 fireblade ) and doing all my own spanner and service work on all the bikes we've had over the years, the one area that appeals is to have the ability to get into the electronic side now as well. This suzuki specific version allows a great range of parameters to be monitored, adjusted and reset. FI codes, throttle body sync, sensor functions, ABS etc . It basically has the same function and compatibility as the factory diagnostic tool but is easier to use and a fraction of the price. Having already purchased an Autel unit for cars, which has already fixed numerous problems and paid for itself 10 x over, I think this unit will come in very useful. http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.u...zuki-honda-obd-f-i-diagnostic-tools-pd-51.php

Screen shots -

Reactions: tonyt

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks really useful! Cheap too. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now learned that in the first screen shot ( open 'active tests' tab ) you have the ability to reset the Throttle position sensor value, TP learned value reset.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Now learned that in the first screen shot ( open 'active tests' tab ) you have the ability to reset the Throttle position sensor value, TP learned value reset.
Does that mean there is no need to adjust the tps, As per the snatchy throttle thread?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Does that mean there is no need to adjust the tps, As per the snatchy throttle thread?

That's the way it sounds and the way I read it but my dealer stripped my bike down to adjust it yesterday when he had the correct diagnostic tool so very interesting that

·
Registered
305 Posts
I purchased this tool as soon as Healtech announced it on their website.. some years ago now.
They regularly update the software and as ESXBOY's screenshots documents, it is a very good tool with any bike, including our GSXS :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

No. My understanding is that once you adjust the TPS you then reset the value so the bike now knows that the new TPS position is now a zero value ( new closed throttle position value ) therefore you'll be able to operate TC on the fly as before, everything is reset for this new position value.

Reactions: Jaked

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it does Rob.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts